SOURCE: Green Hills Software
BOSTON, MA--(Marketwire - Sep 18, 2012) - Embedded Systems Conference, Booth 409 -- Green Hills Software, the largest independent vendor of embedded software solutions, today announced a new release of its Green Hills Compiler toolchain. With this release, Green Hills Software continues to deliver tools that cover the widest range of embedded devices while maximizing product performance and reliability, and minimizing development and production cost.
New, cutting-edge processors supported out-of-the-box include:
- Freescale Qorivva MPC57xx automotive processors, the first of several releases on an aligned roadmap with Freescale Semiconductor
- Freescale e6500 core QorIQ T4240 network processors with AltiVec support
- The newest Freescale PX-series microcontrollers
- ARM Cortex-A7, Cortex-R5, and Cortex-R7
Software reliability, efficiency, and productivity improvements include:
- A utility that statically computes maximum stack usage, even in programs that use traditionally insurmountable features such as recursion, interrupts, and function pointers. This powerful new utility increases reliability and slashes costs by helping developers avoid stack overflows and reduce memory requirements in complex systems.
- A new generation of coverage analysis technology that dramatically improves the efficiency of coverage-instrumented code, empowering developers to perform rigorous testing and quality control.
- Advanced optimizations that free developers to reap the benefits of C++ programming abstractions without being shackled down by the usual "C++ performance tax."
- Reduction of run-time stack use, enabling aggressive speed optimizations in the most memory-constrained embedded systems.
- New CPU dependent and independent optimizations that generate the smallest, fastest code in the industry.
"In the embedded market, time-to-market, resource constraint, and efficiency in programming are critical challenges for developers," said Michael J. Palma, Research Manager, IDC. "Complier 2012.5 supports a wide range of processors and processor architectures that embedded developers work with and provides tools to reduce development time and optimize code for demanding application environments."
"Our technical teams spend quite a lot of time in front of users, observing their challenges and finding opportunities to make a large positive impact in their development process and product quality," said Nikola Valerjev, director of engineering, Green Hills Software. "First and foremost, Compiler 2012.5 is a result of responding to the real-world challenges of embedded developers."
Green Hills Compiler 2012.5 is available immediately for ARM, Power, x86, MIPS, and ColdFire processor architectures.
About Green Hills Software
Founded in 1982, Green Hills Software, Inc. is the largest independent vendor of embedded development solutions. In 2008, the Green Hills INTEGRITY®-178B RTOS was the first and only operating system to be certified by the NSA to EAL6+ High Robustness, the highest level of security ever achieved for any software product. Our open architecture integrated development solutions address deeply embedded, absolute security and high-reliability applications for the networking, military/avionics, medical, industrial, automotive, consumer and other markets that demand industry-certified solutions. Green Hills Software is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA, with European headquarters in the United Kingdom. Visit Green Hills Software at www.ghs.com.
Green Hills, the Green Hills logo and INTEGRITY are trademarks or registered trademarks of Green Hills Software, Inc. in the U.S. and/or internationally. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.