SOURCE: Green Hills Software
DALLAS, TX--(Marketwired - Apr 10, 2014) - Freescale Technology Forum - Green Hills Software, the largest independent software vendor for the Internet of Things, today announced updates to its comprehensive software development tools, operating systems, middleware, and hardware debug probe support for Freescale Kinetis™ MCUs. Green Hills Software also announced their MULTI® integrated development environment has been selected by Freescale as a featured IDE for Kinetis MCUs. As the world's leading embedded solutions vendor for ARM® Architecture, Green Hills Software provides the most comprehensive solutions portfolio for Freescale Kinetis MCUs, enabling developers to achieve maximum performance, minimum production cost and power consumption, and fastest time-to-market when developing next-generation IoT edge devices.
"Green Hills Software's highly optimized embedded software solutions are a key forward-moving component of our Kinetis MCUs tools enablement for our global customers," commented JC Bodet, director of Freescale's Microcontroller Software and Services. "Green Hills Software's industry-leading real-time operating systems and software development tools offer best-in-class performance and capabilities while enabling stringent security through its certified crypto toolkits and vulnerability assessment services."
"Kinetis MCUs are poised to revolutionize the Internet of Things by enabling exciting possibilities for a new tier of ultra-small, smart, power-efficient devices for space-constrained applications, including battery-powered consumer devices, remote sensor nodes and medical monitors while delivering extreme energy-efficiency combined with high performance," commented Dan Mender, vice president of business development, Green Hills Software. "The Kinetis MCUs-Green Hills combination delivers unparalleled capabilities in securing IoT devices on the edge."
The Green Hills Software solution for Kinetis MCUs includes:
- The ultra-fast, ultra-small (as small as 2 KB), easy-to-use µ-velOSity™ real-time operating system with full source code
- Comprehensive suite of integrated middleware and drivers, including USB, embedded GUI, TCP/IP, network security protocols, and wireless drivers
- FIPS 140-2 certified cryptographic libraries and associated data protection protocols
- MULTI integrated development environment (IDE), MISRA C/C++ code quality adherence, profiler and many other integrated time-saving tools
- Green Hills Probe and SuperTrace™ Probe for low-level JTAG debugging and system analysis
- TimeMachine™ debugging suite
- Record-setting ARM Optimizing C/C++ compilers
- Extensive application porting and code optimization services
- Vulnerability assessment service staffed by the embedded industry's leading white hat hacking and software security experts
- Comprehensive support for the Kinetis MCU roadmap
Green Hills Software solutions and Freescale's Kinetis MCUs pair the most innovative embedded technology from the industry's most trusted suppliers for IoT device development and deployment.
The Green Hills IoT solution for Kinetis MCUs is available today and can be seen in the Green Hills exhibit at the Freescale Technology Forum in Dallas, TX, April 8-11, 2014.
About Green Hills Software
Founded in 1982, Green Hills Software is the largest independent software vendor for the Internet of Things. In 2008, the Green Hills INTEGRITY-178 RTOS was the first and only operating system to be certified by NIAP (National Information Assurance Partnership comprised of NSA & NIST) to EAL 6+, High Robustness, the highest level of security ever achieved for any software product. Our open architecture integrated development solutions address deeply embedded, absolute security and high-reliability applications for the military/avionics, medical, industrial, automotive, networking, consumer and other markets that demand industry-certified solutions. Green Hills Software is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA, with European headquarters in the United Kingdom. Visit Green Hills Software at www.ghs.com.
Green Hills, the Green Hills logo, MULTI, INTEGRITY, TimeMachine, SuperTrace and µ-velOSity are trademarks or registered trademarks of Green Hills Software in the U.S. and/or internationally. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.