VANCOUVER, BC--(Marketwired - Feb 18, 2014) - Green Hygienics Holdings Inc. (OTCQB: GRYN) is pleased to announce that with the support of one of its principal shareholders the company has purchased 12 New 2 Megawatt Wind Turbines.
"We've capitalized on an incredible opportunity. The price was at a considerable discount to the market value and there is the potential to create substantial shareholder equity through their resale or ideally for use in a wind farm creating significant cash flow for the company. Over the past year we have developed relationships with some of the top in people their fields and appointed positions within Brazil that will fully support and facilitate our initiatives there. The team will assess which path will bring the greatest value to all our stakeholders and deliver the desired results," said Dave Ashby, CEO.
About the Brazilian Power Market
One of the most underserved power markets on the planet exists in Brazil right now for several reasons:
- There is a serious shortage of rainfall drying up Brazil's hydropower dams, leading to fears of electricity shortages and the possibility of energy rationing. It is very costly for ports, petrochemical plants, factories etc. to be shut down for days. There is great concern for this with regard to the World Cup Soccer (2014) and Olympics (2016) upcoming.
- 50% of 204 million are now emerging middle class. Per capita electricity demand is estimated to double within 20 years.
- The business model for generating revenue from a wind farm located in Brazil is vastly different from other regions in that the average wind speed and duration as well as the price or cost for power is significantly higher than in other countries.
- Wind is the fastest growing source of power generation in Brazil. Since 2009 the Brazilian government has introduced incentive measures to introduce wind power into the Brazilian energy matrix.
- Wind power is the most competitive among all sources of electricity, second only to large hydroelectric plants. New Hydroelectric is becoming increasingly difficult to install due to environmental issues. There are increasing blackouts/shortages as the old electrical grid system is strained and grid expansion is not keeping up with economic demand or growth.
About Green Hygienics Holdings Inc. - Focused on the commercialization of cleantech intellectual property assets and investing in or acquiring companies that supply alternate clean energy sources. The alternatives to sectors that currently use power supplied by hydrocarbons (diesel gensets for example), are clean energy sources that include wind, solar and biomass. Green Hygienics Holdings Inc. is registered in the state of Nevada, USA and is an audited, fully reporting company in both Canada and the USA.