SOURCE: Green Planet Group
TEMPE, AZ--(Marketwired - May 28, 2014) - Green Planet Group, Inc. (OTC Pink: GNPG) (PINKSHEETS: GNPG) announced today that its wholly owned subsidiary, Healing the Earth, Inc., has submitted a series of trademark applications to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. The trademarks were developed primarily by the Company's media and branding team to describe the various unique features and benefits of its revolutionary organic growing system:
- Healing the Earth™ (USPTO Serial No: 86/279,088) is used as the growing system brand and to describe the overall benefit of the system, as its implementation will significantly improve planet Earth's environmental health, utilizing 90% less water than traditional cultivation methods.
- The Future of Food™ (USPTO Serial No: 86/279,091) identifies this revolutionary growing system as an integral element of the radical technology required to address the reality that Earth's population will not be able to feed itself by 2030 (UN Food and Agriculture Organization Report, 2009).
- Food on Demand™ (USPTO Serial No: 86/279,070) describes the Company's concept that, by growing only the food consumed by a local population, the growing system will eliminate virtually all food waste.
- Food at the Point of Consumption™ (USPTO Serial No: 86/279,080) describes the growing system's universal capability for installation in population centers around the globe, regardless of climate, significantly reducing the need for transportation and eliminating related food losses.
- Fast Track Farming™ (USPTO Serial No: 86/279,047) brands the growing system's capacity to produce almost any vegetable, fruit, fodder or flower in a fraction of the time required in traditional farm growing cycles.
- Fast Track Food™ (USPTO Serial No: 86/278,994) describes the benefit that most foods can be grown rapidly (in days, not months), dramatically increasing food production and eliminating famine conditions through an all-organic growing system, completely eliminating use of GMOs and ground water polluting chemicals.
Jim Schoenberger, the Company's vice president - sales and marketing, noted, "A worldwide awareness of the impending cataclysmic inability to feed the Earth's population has dawned. Action must be taken today to eliminate starvation and to feed future world populations. The need for immediate change in food cultivation processes is featured in National Geographic magazine's May 2014 cover story, 'The New Food Revolution.' Our revolutionary growing system provides an answer to this dilemma." GNPG projects that revenues from the Healing the Earth subsidiary could exceed $200 million with a net profit of $40 million within the next five years.
About Green Planet Group, Inc.
The Company is comprised of four wholly owned subsidiaries: one operating company and three development stage companies. XenTx Lubricants, Inc. produces XenTx and Synergyn brand lubricants and additives for gasoline and diesel engines. AAQIS, Inc. is developing a hydrogen generator which greatly reduces hydrocarbon emissions while improving fuel efficiency in internal combustion engines. Green Mining Technologies, Inc. is developing green technologies for the mining of precious metals. The Company's Healing the Earth subsidiary is developing a new "fast track" growing system capable of growing vast amounts of fresh, organic food.
Certain statements contained herein are "forward-looking" statements (as defined -- Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995). Green Planet Group, Inc. cautions that the statements made in this press release constitute forward-looking statements and no guarantees of future performance and actual results or developments may differ materially from projections in forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on estimates and opinions of management at time the statements are made.