MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 7, 2013) - Gridstore™, a leader in software-defined storage delivers optimized storage that accelerates application I/O for Windows Server and Hyper-V, today announced full support for the new features being introduced by Microsoft in Windows Server 2012 R2. Leveraging their strategic relationship, Gridstore has designed and delivers its software defined storage solution, which complements the storage functionality in Windows Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V through their patented Server-side Virtual Controller Technology (SVCT). Gridstore 3.0 delivers scale out block storage to deliver impressive IOPS, throughput and massive linear scalability up to 3PB, in 12TB increments. The disruptive innovation that Gridstore storage brings to Microsoft environments includes simplified storage management per VM through Windows Server 2012 management, pay-as-you-scale in small, affordable increments and end-to-end storage QoS for each Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machine.
"Windows Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V advances the groundbreaking storage functionality introduced in Windows Server 2012, and we are pleased that Gridstore is providing a storage solution that builds on that functionality," said Brad Anderson, corporate vice-president, Microsoft. "Gridstore 3.0 addresses architectural issues between traditional storage and virtualized servers to help maximize application performance in a Microsoft Hyper-V environment at an affordable price point and with massive scalability."
"We purpose-built our Gridstore 3.0 storage solution to be fully optimized for Microsoft Hyper-V environments. With the ability to automatically optimize and accelerate application I/O in virtualized environments, we help customers take Microsoft Hyper-V storage to a whole new level," said George Symons, CEO, Gridstore. "With our solutions for both capacity and performance (hybrid flash caching) storage, we deliver true end-to-end software-defined storage solution that is simple to implement, manage and scale. Gridstore solutions fit naturally into the Windows, infrastructure appearing like local hard drives."
Among the features supported through this strategic partnership are:
- Cluster Support - Gridstore provides SCSI block devices that support Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV) to a single Windows Sever, Hyper-V hosts, or Microsoft Scale-out File Clusters.
- Seamless Management per VM - Storage is easily managed from the GridControl MMC snap-in and storage services like snapshot, replication are managed through standard Microsoft tools such as Hyper-V Manager on a per VM basis.
- Storage QoS - Gridstore TrueQoS™ is Hyper-V aware so the I/O requests from each virtual machine are prioritized, based on the priority of the application to an organization, end to end, right down through the physical storage.
- Microsoft Hyper-V - Gridstore uses its unique software defined storage architecture to optimize the I/O performance of each virtual machine and then takes advantage of its H-Class Storage Nodes using flash as a cache to deliver the IOPS required for demanding Hyper-V environments or databases.
- SMB3 - Gridstore complements SMB3 with block storage, and takes advantage of the impressive advances made by Microsoft in its file storage stack and SMB3 protocol. The result helps assure an easier-to-administer, highly scalable and 100% compatible storage system.
- Storage Spaces - Gridstore storage is 100% compatible with Windows Server 2012 R2 Storage Spaces, minimizes cost and complexity, uses a standard Ethernet infrastructure, and scales linearly as Storage Nodes are added to the grid.
News: @gridstore supports Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 and Hyper-V releases
Follow Gridstore on Twitter at http://twitter.com/gridstore
Gridstore™ is the leader in optimized storage for Windows Servers and Hyper-V that accelerates application I/O. All traditional storage suffers from the I/O blender that severely impacts application performance in virtual environments. Gridstore is Software Defined Storage that uses patented Server-Side Virtual Controller™ Technology (SVCT) to eliminate the I/O blender and accelerate applications in three unique ways.
1. Custom-fit™ Storage provides self-optimizing storage stacks that accelerate I/O for each application.
2. TrueQoS™ is end-to-end Storage QoS that guarantees performance for your most important applications.
3. GridScale™ is a simple, pay-as-you-scale grid architecture with massively parallel performance scaling that accelerates application I/O.
Gridstore is headquartered in Mountain View, CA. For more information, please visit: http://www.gridstore.com
© 2013 Gridstore. All rights reserved. Gridstore, the Gridstore logo, AutoPilot, Custom-Fit, Direct I/O, FlashGrid, Grid, GridControl, GridProtect, GridScale, GridSensor, Server-side Virtual Controller Technology (SVCT), Thin-Provisioned vLUNS, TrueQoS, vController, vPool, and vStore are registered, trademarks or pending trademarks of Gridstore in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Information regarding products, services and offerings may be superseded by subsequent documents and are subject to change without notice. For the latest information and specifications regarding Gridstore and any of its offerings or services, please visit www.gridstore.com.