MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - April 24, 2014) - More than 150 industrial leaders will gather at the Manufacturing Canada 2014 conference in Mississauga on May 8, to map out strategies for a more competitive Canadian manufacturing industry.
The Honourable Gary Goodyear, Minister of State for the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario, will highlight $530 million in new funding available through the Southern Ontario Prosperity Initiatives; while Jayson Myers, president and CEO of Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters, will share insight on the policies and economic factors shaping the industry.
The day will focus on top manufacturing trends and issues, such as energy efficiency, big data, productivity and skills development.
Additional speakers include:
- Allan Cosman, President & CEO of Ferrero Canada Ltd.
- John Whitehead, Ontario chief negotiator for CETA
- Joseph Doria, President & CEO of Lincoln Electric Canada
- Andrew Hejnar, Energy Manager with 3M Canada Company
- Mark Sheffer, Director of Operations with MAPEI Americas
- Dennis Dussin, President of Alps Welding
- Robert Hattin, Chair of Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters (CME)
Other presenters will represent IBM, Teknion Furniture Systems, Prinoth and more.
Media registration: Lisa Wichmann: (416) 510-5142; email@example.com
Manufacturing Canada 2014 is organized by CanadianManufacturing.com and PLANT-part of Business Information Group, Canada's largest publisher of trade magazines; in partnership with Machines Italia and the Italian Trade Commission.
To learn more:
Machines Italia: http://www.machinesitalia.org
Italian Trade Commission: http://www.italtrade.com/countries/americas/canada_en/