VENICE, CA--(Marketwire - January 28, 2013) - Grubwithus, Inc. today announced the launch of GrubTonight, an iPhone app for making same-day, social dinner reservations. The app invites users to meet new people and expand their social circles over dinner any night of the week. At launch, dinners are only available in Los Angeles and will expand to include additional cities in the coming months. The GrubTonight app is free and available for download from www.grubtonight.com/press.
With the GrubTonight app, users:
- Can attend dinners any night of the week, where they can make new friends, network with others and meet new people.
- Are able to reserve seats and prepay for dinner (tax, tip and first drink included too) in a few taps.
- Can interact, share contact information and "high-five" others after any meal.
- Earn rewards based on dinners attended.
GrubTonight is made for anyone looking to meet new people. It allows travelers to meet and eat with locals while also getting a sense for the culture, the flavors and the nightlife of a city. For anyone who recently relocated, GrubTonight is a way to connect with a group of interesting and engaging people. For locals, the app introduces them to a new next-door neighbor or someone living across town. At its core, the app aims to break down the existing social barriers surrounding meeting new people in real life.
"It's really hard to find the right time, place or crowd to meet people, so we addressed these issues and created a solution: a simple iPhone app," said Eddy Lu, CEO and Co-Founder of Grubwithus. "GrubTonight allows users to enjoy casual dinners with approachable people at neighborhood restaurants. For me, the best part about GrubTonight is not knowing who will be at my table, and the possibility of meeting the next Grubwithus team member or a buddy to go running with is there, and that excites me."
How it works:
- After downloading the free GrubTonight iPhone app, users create a basic profile.
- Every day, the dinner bell rings and users receive a notification about the dinners available that night.
- Users pick the dinner they're interested in, reserve a seat and prepay through the GrubTonight secure payment system.
- People who reserve a seat for dinner will receive a notification one hour before the meal confirming the reservation and revealing the other attendees.
- All dinners start on time and have no agenda or format. Afterwards, the app allows users to share high-fives and contact information via electronic contact cards.
The GrubTonight app will be available for free from Apple's App Store on the iPhone, or at www.grubtonight.com/press. At launch, dinners are only available in Los Angeles and first-time users can receive 20% off their first dinner by using promo code: DINNER.
GrubTonight is an iPhone app created by the team at Grubwithus, Inc. GrubTonight launched in January 2013 and allows people to spontaneously join group dinners any night of the week. Seats are reserved directly from the app and the price includes dinner, tax, tip and a drink. For more information, please visit www.grubtonight.com/press.
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2013/1/28/11G003505/Images/Grub_screenie-840540402968.jpg