ONTARIO, OTTAWA--(Marketwire - Dec. 8, 2011) -
Did you know...?
If you file your GST/HST return using NETFILE, or if you want to file a public service bodies' rebate electronically with your GST/HST return, you can now get your Web access code online. You don't have to wait for it to arrive in the mail.
You can ask for a new Web access code by going to GST/HST access code online. To ask for a new access code you'll need your business number and the reporting period of the return for which you need the code, along with either:
- the reporting period and the net tax amount (cannot be zero) on line 109 from a previously filed return; or
- the reporting period and the confirmation number from a return filed using GST/HST NETFILE, TELEFILE, or Internet File Transfer.
With your new access code, you can file your GST/HST return online using NETFILE. You can also use it to file certain rebates with your GST/HST NETFILE return. But did you know that the CRA's online services offer an even better way to file?
Businesses and their representatives can file GST/HST returns electronically without an access code using the CRA online secure portals. And that's just the beginning. Once you log in, you'll be able to adjust previously filed GST/HST returns, review account information, transfer payments, and much more. If your business also has payroll or corporate tax accounts, you'll be able to view information and perform transactions for those accounts as well. To sign up as a business owner, go to www.cra.gc.ca/mybusinessaccount. If you're an authorized representative, or an employee acting for your organization, you can access these services at www.cra.gc.ca/representatives.
- So far this year, almost three million GST/HST returns have been filed electronically.
- In 2011, 54% of GST/HST returns have been filed electronically.
- Over 45% of all business establishments are enrolled for My Business Account.
Stay connected (www.cra.gc.ca/socialmedia)
To receive updates when new information is added to our Web site, you can:
- Follow the CRA on Twitter - @CanRevAgency.
- Subscribe to a CRA electronic mailing list.
- Add our RSS feeds to your feed reader.
- Visit our YouTube Channel for tax-related videos.