BEVERLY, MA and TORONTO, ON--(Marketwired - Oct 13, 2016) - Hamilton Thorne Ltd. (TSX VENTURE: HTL), a leading provider of precision instruments, consumables, software and services to the Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) and developmental biology research markets, today announced the release of version 1.10 of its world-leading Computer Assisted Sperm Analysis (CASA) software.
"As one of the original developers of CASA software and the inventor of the IVOS II, the only fully automated hardware system on the market, we are committed to continual technical innovation," said David Wolf, CEO of Hamilton Thorne. "This latest version of our software, which includes two entirely new modules as well as numerous enhancements, is one of the most significant software releases that we have issued since the initial release of our CASA II software."
Major new features and modules include:
- Remote Capture Station, previously released only for the Human Clinical Market, is now available across all animal applications. This system provides a laboratory with the ability to establish low cost and standardized satellite facilities to process samples and save data for future analysis on an IVOS II or CEROS II analyzer at the main laboratory.
- Internal Quality Control (IQC) Module for Human Clinical Market provides a method of verifying microscope calibration and monitoring precision of quality control materials, utilizing a historical database for tracking daily quality control assays with alerts for any instability in data. The module features custom report design, with inclusion of all input and output data over the selected time period, with Levey-Jennings chart and results based on Westgard rules.
- Replicate Analysis feature for Human Clinical Market provides labs with an automated method of comparing analyses from two aliquots of the same sample, allowing easy compliance and tracking to meet World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations.
Additional new features and enhancements include:
- Improved reporting, allowing motility and morphology analysis results to be integrated into one custom report
- Improved non-progressive sperm analysis
- Improvements and updates to the IVOS II's unique Auto Illumination feature
- IVOS II automated stage compatibility with analysis slides containing more than 4 chambers.
- Support for multiple scales for the animal breeding market
The new software release will be available for sale on October 13, 2016 and will be shown at the ASRM 2016 Scientific Conference and Expo from October 17-19 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Please visit Hamilton Thorne in Booth 1407.
About Hamilton Thorne Ltd. (www.hamiltonthorne.com)
Hamilton Thorne is a leading world-wide provider of precision instruments, consumables, software and services that reduce cost, increase productivity, improve results and enable breakthroughs in Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) and developmental biology research markets. Hamilton Thorne's laser products attach to standard inverted microscopes and operate as micro-surgical devices, enabling a wide array of scientific applications and In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) procedures. Its image analysis systems are designed to bring quality, efficiency and reliability to studies of reproductive cells in the human fertility, animal sciences and reproductive toxicology fields. Hamilton Thorne's standardized toxicology assays and quality control testing services help to improve outcomes in human IVF clinics. Hamilton Thorne's growing worldwide customer base consists of pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, fertility clinics, university research centers, animal breeding companies, and other commercial and academic research establishments, including Harvard, MIT, Yale, McGill, Oxford, Cambridge, the Smithsonian Institution, Charles River Labs, Covance, ABS Global, Sexing Technologies, Merck, Cook Medical, Novartis, Pfizer, and Dow Chemical.
Neither the Toronto Venture Exchange, nor its regulation services provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the exchange), accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Certain information in this press release may contain forward-looking statements. This information is based on current expectations that are subject to significant risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict. Actual results might differ materially from results suggested in any forward-looking statements. The Company assumes no obligation to update the forward-looking statements, or to update the reasons why actual results could differ from those reflected in the forward-looking statements unless and until required by securities laws applicable to the Company. Additional information identifying risks and uncertainties is contained in filings by the Company with the Canadian securities regulators, which filings are available at www.sedar.com.