NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - September 14, 2016) - Harper's BAZAAR -- America's first fashion magazine -- and the resource for women who want to buy the best, first -- announces today its relaunch of ShopBAZAAR. Owned, branded, and edited by BAZAAR, ShopBAZAAR lets women move effortlessly from inspiration to acquisition within a fully immersive fashion experience. First launched in October 2012, the reimagined site introduces a variety of enhancements to bring the user more highly-edited, shoppable content than ever before, including a new aesthetic that reflects BAZAAR's legendary visual distinction.
BAZAAR also announces the appointment of Katie Hobbs, E-Commerce Director of ShopBAZAAR, who arrives to ShopBAZAAR with more than a decade of experience in the e-commerce and fashion industries. The former owner and creator of Les Nouvelles, a fashion e-commerce site based in Atlanta, Georgia, Katie also brings invaluable expertise in publishing, having begun her career at ELLE magazine.
BAZAAR collaborated with the creative agency Wednesday on developing of the new site, adopting an innovative design approach by mirroring the magazine: the homepage flows just as its print parent does. The result is a unique shopping experience which also offers consumers an insider's look at the editorial inspiration behind the magazine's fashion stories.
"Fashion and e-commerce have changed drastically in the last five years," says Carol Smith, VP Publisher and Chief Revenue office for Harper's BAZAAR. "It was time to pause and reflect on our original mission, which is to offer what our editors consider first and best. But not what's 'most.' We've scaled back our coverage to four core retail partners, and we've put the voice of the editors front and center. Because ShopBAZAAR is not just e-commerce -it's e-service for the reader. Not only are we telling her what to buy, but why we chose it and how to style it in different ways."
The core retail partners include Kirna Zabête, The Webster, Hampden, and Neapolitan. Beauty will continue to be integrated through marketing partnerships throughout the year.
New features on that site include:
- New logo with a signature font representative of the site's personalized look and feel
- Adaptive design for mobile-optimized display
- The Hero: The must-have item of the week; selected by BAZAAR editors, this feature is similar to the monthly front-of-book pages in the magazine "hero" accessories
- Styled By: Three BAZAAR editors fully style The Hero item, offering shoppers different perspectives how to wear it
- The Feature: A multi-page well feature from each issue is transformed into a digitally shoppable story on the homepage
- The Moodboard: A dynamic insider's look at the inspiration behind the Feature shoot -- such as color swatches and landscapes -- all of it interactive and socially shareable
- The Trunk: A collection of additional fashion pieces sent to the Feature but not included in the well story, all shoppable
- Editors Index: Just as each designer has a Designer Landing Page, each BAZAAR editor will have a dedicated page where shoppers can learn about her personal style, see what Hero items she has selected, shop looks she's put together, and see her Instagram feeds
ShopBAZAAR is the first-ever fully evolved content-to-commerce store. Directed in its entirety by the editors of BAZAAR, the store, which launched in October 2012, is inspired by the magazine's rich legacy of sophistication and elegance, coupled with its trademark "dash of daring." BAZAAR editors hand select each piece available on ShopBAZAAR, seamlessly closing the gap between seeing and buying, and making it possible for readers to shop the pages of BAZAAR without once leaving the bounds of the brand.
About Harper's BAZAAR
Sophisticated, elegant, and provocative, Harper's Bazaar (www.bazaar.com) is the style resource for those women who are the first to buy the best, from casual to couture. With authority and insider insight, Harper's Bazaar showcases the work of visionary stylists, brilliant photographers, and talented designers, covering what's new and what's next. Founded in 1867, America's first fashion magazine is today available in 44 countries around the world. Harper's BAZAAR is published by Hearst Magazines, a unit of Hearst (www.hearst.com), one of the nation's largest diversified media and information companies. With 21 titles in the U.S., Hearst is the leading publisher of monthly magazines in terms of total paid circulation (AAM 2H 2014), reaching 78 million readers (Spring 2016 MRI/GfK at 79.5 million) and 54 million site visitors each month (comScore), with a social media following of 110 million. In addition, the company publishes close to 300 editions around the world. Follow Harper's BAZAAR on Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram and Twitter.