TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Oct. 13, 2016) - HARTE GOLD CORP. ("Harte Gold") (TSX:HRT)(OTC: HRTFF) (FRANKFURT:H4O) Harte Gold is pleased to provide an update today regarding its 70,000 tonne Advanced Exploration Bulk Sample and drill program at the Sugar Zone Property located in White River, Ontario, Canada.
- Bulk Sample Long-Hole Stoping is proceeding on two levels, the five development levels are now completed
- Underground ramp development to access the south end of the Sugar Zone Deposit is currently underway
- Permit for additional 30,000 tonnes expected Q4, 2016, full commercial production permits expected Q2, 2017
- Current drill Program increased to 15,000 meters, second drill rig on site and operating
- Sugar Zone mineralization encountered on strike and down plunge in the South Block (Area "A" in Diagram click here)
- A wedge drilling program will test continuity of mineralization below the current Sugar Zone resource and DH SZ-12-37
- Seven high priority geophysical targets identified between the Sugar Zone Deposit and Wolf Zone Discovery are being drilled, one mineralized structure has been intersected to date (Area "B" in Diagram click here).
Recent drilling has concentrated on testing on strike and down plunge extensions of the Sugar Zone Deposit. Drilling to date has focused on the south extension of the Sugar Zone Deposit and intersected both the Upper and Lower Zones within a block measuring 200 x 300 meters. This block (Area "A") is located 500 to 900 meters below surface and has the potential to add significant resources. As deep drill holes take 2 - 3 weeks to complete and assays an additional 2 weeks, Harte Gold has begun wedging multiple holes from a Master Hole in order to expedite the drill program.
Harte Gold has added a second drill rig and expanded the drill program to 15,000 meters. One drill rig will focus on the South Block while the second rig is focused on the "Middle Zone" (Area "B") located between the Sugar Zone Deposit and the Wolf Zone Discovery. Initial drilling has produced encouraging results.
"Because of the depth and extent of the target areas, Harte Gold will need to drill a minimum of 12 holes in both target areas in order to properly assess their viability and potential to add resources," said Stephen G. Roman, President and CEO. "The Company will release drill results once adequate drilling has been completed."
About Harte Gold Corp.
Harte Gold Corp. is focused on the exploration and development of its 100% owned Sugar Zone property where it has permitted a 70,000 tonne Advanced Exploration Bulk Sample for the Sugar Zone Deposit. The Sugar Zone property is located 80 kilometers east of the Hemlo Gold Camp. The Preliminary Economic Assessment dated July 12, 2012, contains an Indicated Resource of 980,900 tonnes, grading 10.13 g/t for 319,280 ounces of contained gold (uncapped) and an Inferred Resource of 580,500 tonnes, grading 8.36 g/t Au for 155,960 ounces of contained gold (uncapped). The mineral resource was prepared in compliance with NI 43-101 guidelines. George A. Flach P. Geo, Vice President Exploration, is the Qualified Person for Harte Gold and has prepared, supervised the preparation, or approved the scientific and technical disclosure in this news release. Harte Gold also holds the Stoughton-Abitibi property located on the Destor-Porcupine Fault Zone adjacent and on strike of the Holloway Gold Mine.
Common Shares Outstanding: 352,555,533
The Toronto Stock Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.