NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - May 16, 2014) - Last night in Barcelona, the Havas PR Global Collective received four top honors in the first PRWeek Global award competition:
- Global Nonprofit Campaign of the Year: United Nations Foundation/92Y #GivingTuesday (Havas PR North America and four non-Havas agencies)
- Highly Commended, the Airfood Project (Havas Worldwide Paris)
- Global Professional of the Year, Agency: Marian Salzman (CEO, Havas PR North America; Global Chair, Havas PR Collective)
- Global Citizenship, Highly Commended: The Airfood Project
The Collective and its agencies/affiliates were also named to the shortlist in five categories:
- Global Citizenship: The Collective
- Issues and Crisis Campaign of the Year: United Nations Foundation climate consortium (run by the Collective)
- Consumer Launch Campaign of the Year: Original Factory Shop (Havas PR UK)
- Global Partnership: Patricia Phelps de Cisneros Collection (Llorente & Cuenca)
- International Agency of the Year: Llorente & Cuenca
"We are the new agency model -- about cause, creativity and collaboration -- and our wins in this show reinforce the relevance and effectiveness of being networked versus a network," said Salzman. "For some campaigns, like #GivingTuesday, we partner far beyond Havas; for others, we activate our offices globally, as we did when creating the climate consortium for the United Nations Foundation."
She added: "On a personal note, these wins, and my own honor, reinforce the power of team. Although I was physically out of the office for about three months in 2013, working remotely while recovering from brain tumor surgery, then a ruptured appendix, we collaborated seamlessly around the world without regard to time, place or perspective, making it all about the clients, the work and delivering on our mission of making our clients be the news. 'Networked versus a network' and 'Virtuality as reality' both contributed to a fabulous year of creative marketing and teamwork. My award belongs to the global team."
About the Havas PR Global Collective
Havas PR is the public relations and corporate communications arm of global advertising and communications services company Havas Worldwide, present in more than 75 countries on six continents. Together, our three dozen agencies and networks worldwide are one collective connected to one commitment: Future First. For more information, visit havaspr.com.