CHICAGO, IL--(Marketwired - Feb 21, 2014) - marcus evans, a business to business conference provider, will host the 4th Upstream Oil & Gas Contract Management Conference, March 4-6, 2014 at the Doubletree Houston Greenway Plaza. Attendees will hear from 21 industry leaders as they share best practices and strategies in upstream contract management.
Given that legal contracts signify one of the largest areas of risk for an organization with the Upstream Oil & Gas industry, Operators and Contractors/Service Providers have made contract management a high priority. Due to the global challenge of potential risks and liabilities in drafting contracts, in addition to making contract renewals and negotiations, companies must ensure robust management of all contracts. Delegates at this marcus evans conference will address the challenges that may affect a contract's success due to the perilous and potentially dangerous operating environments in the E&P field. Through analyzing effective contract assembly to ensuring that contractual obligations are met, this conference will bring together contract specialists and legal counsel dealing with contracts to overcome pressing issues facing upstream oil and gas contract management.
Key speakers at the event include:
- Kinga Doris, VP and General Counsel, Pacific Drilling
- John E. Deering, U.S Regional Counsel, Halliburton Law Department
- Olga Machrone, Senior Contracts Manager, Fluor
- Sean Johnson, Senior Counsel - Corporate Technology Control officer, Nexen Petroleum U.S.A. Inc.
- Julie Rifaat, Senior Counsel and Chief Counsel, Oil and Gas, KBR
- Two Pre-Conference Workshops on March 4th
- Workshop A: "Develop an Advanced Strategy when Negotiating Contract Agreements"
- Workshop B: "Minimize Risk and Establish Control Throughout the Contract Lifecycle"
- Day One Key Sessions, March 5th
- Dissecting the current industry and regulatory environment
- Investigating key considerations before entering a contract
- Day Two Key Sessions, March 6th:
- Ensuring control and better compliance throughout the contract lifecycle
- Examining clauses within legal contracts
For more information on this conference or to get a complete list of speakers, sessions or past attendees, visit http://bit.ly/1hyP0VL or contact Michelle Thomas at email@example.com or 312-540-3000 ext. 6491.
About marcus evans
marcus evans conferences annually produce over 2,000 high quality events designed to provide key strategic business information, best practice and networking opportunities for senior industry decision-makers. Our global reach is utilized to attract over 30,000 speakers annually, ensuring niche focused subject matter presented directly by practitioners and a diversity of information to assist our clients in adopting best practice in all business disciplines.