SANTA CLARA, CA--(Marketwired - Jun 3, 2014) - Hitachi Data Systems Corporation (HDS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), today announced that its Hitachi logical partitioning (LPAR) technology on Hitachi x86 servers has been verified to run SAP® Business Suite software. This Hitachi platform enables secure, scalable production environments for on-premise and cloud deployments of SAP solutions. Hitachi LPAR on x86 servers will help address customer pain points to significantly reduce total costs through consolidation, as well as improve performance and deliver high levels of data protection.
"We are pleased to reach this milestone in the 20th anniversary of our relationship with SAP," said Mike Walkey, senior vice president, Global Partners and Alliances, Hitachi Data Systems. "With this technology, verified to run SAP Business Suite, we can bring together leading solutions that offer our customers an efficient and robust enterprise infrastructure to deliver business value today."
Benefits of Hitachi logical partitioning on x86 for SAP Business Suite include improved efficiencies and simplified deployments and management of SAP solutions. Customers using Hitachi LPAR have already realized the following benefits:
- Total costs reduced by as much as 70%
- Improved application density by as much as 33:1
- Reduction in the number of servers required by up to 80%
- Space, power and maintenance reduction up to 40%
"Hitachi servers with LPAR for SAP Business Suite add tremendous value in supporting our clients' big-data needs and further enhances our CSC Cloud IU (Infrastructure Utility) for SAP solutions and hybrid cloud service offerings," said John Catalano, director, Solution Development, Cloud Solutions, CSC. "Hitachi together with CSC's experience with SAP solutions and track record of cloud success will further enable us to support SAP solutions in the cloud, thus meeting our customers' performance and scalability requirements."
HDS today announced it is also delivering 3 new solutions for the SAP HANA® platform, including Hitachi Unified Compute Platform for SAP HANA Platform (UCP for SAP HANA) -- with Hitachi Compute Blade 520X B1 (CB520X B1) -- for SAP HANA in scale-up configurations based on the latest Intel Xeon E7 v2 (Ivy Bridge) technology. Hitachi Unified Storage VM and Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform G1000 (VSP G1000) have also been certified by SAP as shared storage solutions for SAP HANA. These solutions provide flexibility and investment protection, particularly for customers who plan to migrate to SAP HANA, with compute and storage designed to scale along with customers' needs. As a result, UCP for SAP HANA offers customers outstanding efficiencies, enterprise-class scalability, and performance.
Hitachi UCP for SAP HANA using Intel Ivy Bridge technology and VSP G1000 build on January's announcement of an OEM agreement between Hitachi and SAP, which enables HDS to deliver an end-to-end, enterprise data warehouse appliance that consists of the SAP Business Warehouse (SAP BW) application on SAP HANA, UCP for SAP HANA, services and support.
"UCP for SAP HANA meets all of our requirements: optimum scalability, simple architecture, speed, flexibility, and rapid implementation," said Andreas Kranabitl, managing director, SPAR Information & Communication Service GmbH. "With Hitachi server technology and VSP G1000, UCP for SAP HANA will be the infrastructure we trust to handle the high- performance demands of becoming a predictive retail business."
The Hitachi Data Systems portfolio includes industry-leading systems to support mission-critical environments running SAP HANA:
- Hitachi VSP G1000 is the newest tier-one enterprise storage platform that is certified for SAP HANA. This certification enables Hitachi to participate in SAP's program for SAP HANA tailored data center integration. Through participation in the program, customers can leverage their existing hardware and infrastructure components for their SAP HANA-based environments, providing further choice for organizations even when working in heterogeneous environments.
- A recent Gartner report shows Hitachi VSP as the industry leader in enterprise storage systems. Now, the recently launched VSP G1000 delivers an always-on infrastructure that offers high availability and data protection, key criteria for mission-critical applications powered by SAP HANA.
- UCP for SAP HANA in a scale up configuration:
- Single-node configurations for SAP HANA and SAP Business Suite.
- Hitachi CB502X B1 servers use the latest Intel Ivy Bridge processor technology for highly optimized system performance and large amounts of memory that are key to applications that perform in-memory analytics, such as SAP HANA.
- Enterprise storage provided through participation in SAP's program for SAP HANA tailored data center integration:
- Under the SAP HANA tailored data center integration approach, customers can use certified servers with Hitachi VSP and Hitachi Unified Storage VM for scale-out deployments of SAP HANA.
For more information, visit HDS in Booth 131 at the SAPPHIRE® NOW conference, being held June 3-5 in Orlando, Florida.
About Hitachi Data Systems
Hitachi Data Systems provides information technologies, services and solutions that help companies improve IT costs and agility, and innovate with information to make a difference in the world. Our customers gain compelling return on investment (ROI), unmatched return on assets (ROA), and demonstrable business impact. With over 6,300 employees worldwide, Hitachi Data Systems does business in more than 100 countries and regions. Our products, services and solutions are trusted by the world's leading enterprises, including more than 70% of the Fortune 100 and more than 80% of the Fortune Global 100. Visit us at www.HDS.com.
About Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, delivers innovations that answer society's challenges with our talented team and proven experience in global markets. The company's consolidated revenues for fiscal 2013 (ended March 31, 2014) totaled 9,616 billion yen ($93.4 billion). Hitachi is focusing more than ever on the Social Innovation Business, which includes infrastructure systems, information & telecommunication systems, power systems, construction machinery, high functional materials & components, automotive systems, health care and others. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company's website at http://www.hitachi.com.
© Hitachi Data Systems Corporation 2014. All rights reserved. HITACHI is a trademark or registered trademark of Hitachi, Ltd. Innovate With Information is a trademark or registered trademark of Hitachi Data Systems Corporation. SAP, SAP HANA, SAPPHIRE and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and company names are properties of their respective owners.