LAKE OSWEGO, OR--(Marketwired - Nov 14, 2016) - A total of 34 Holiday Retirement communities were selected as "Caring Stars" of 2017 as part of an annual nationwide program honoring service excellence. The recognition was based on consumer ratings and reviews posted on Caring.com, the leading senior care website. Holiday Retirement, one of the largest senior living providers in the United States, led this year's distinguished awards, while second place received 16 award recognitions.
Each of the 34 Holiday Retirement independent senior living communities captured an average rating of 4.5 or higher (on a scale of 1 to 5) in at least 10 or more reviews from family, seniors and others considering senior living options, including assisted living and Alzheimer's care, while also meeting other top qualifying criteria for the honor.
"We are honored so many of our independent communities have been recognized as leading senior living communities," said Lilly Donohue, CEO at Holiday Retirement. "We take great pride in providing exceptional living environments and the best quality services for our residents."
Holiday Retirement 2017 Caring Star communities include:
- Apple Blossom - Rogers, Arkansas
- Augustine, Landing - Jacksonville, Florida
- Beaverdale Estates - Des Moines, Iowa
- Bridgecreek - West Covina, California
- Creekside at Shallowford - Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Creekside Terrace - Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Deepwood Estates - Lexington, South Carolina
- Desoto Beach Club - Sarasota, Florida
- Eagle Crest - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Eastdale Estates - Montgomery, Alabama
- Fleming Point - Rochester, New York
- Haywood Estates - Greenville, South Carolina
- Illahee Hills - Urbandale, Iowa
- Lakeshore Estates - Waco, Texas
- Las Palmas - Palm Coast, Florida
- Lighthouse Pointe - Chesapeake, Virginia
- Mallard Point - Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Maple Suites - Dover, New Hampshire
- Mistywood - Roseville, California
- Orchid Terrace - St. Louis, Missouri
- Parkview in Allen - Allen, Texas
- Point Defiance Village - Tacoma, Washington
- Rancho Village - Palmdale, California
- Rosewood Estates - Tyler, Texas
- Sky Peaks - Reno, Nevada
- Sterling Court - Deltona, Florida
- The Camelot - Hemet, California
- The Seville - Orem, Utah
- The Tremont - Oviedo, Florida
- Valencia Commons - Rancho Cucamonga, California
- Walnut Park - Visalia, California
- Walnut Woods - Boyertown, Pennsylvania
- Washington Commons - Evans, Georgia
- Wescourt - Saginaw, Michigan
More and more, families across the country turn to online reviews for insights to help guide important senior care decisions for aging or ailing loved ones. According to various studies from Caring.com, online consumer reviews are weighted heavily by the majority of family caregivers when researching senior living communities. The Caring Stars awards program helps families narrow senior living options for their loved ones to the retirement communities most-acclaimed by families like theirs.
"Congratulations to Holiday Retirement for its 34 communities that achieved this service excellence award after earning many accolades from residents and their loved ones on Caring.com," said Karen Cassel, CEO of Caring.com. "This important milestone speaks volumes about the positive difference Holiday Retirement is making in serving seniors, and we join with Holiday Retirement in celebrating this accomplishment."
With more than three million visitors per month, Caring.com is a leading senior care resource for family caregivers seeking information and support as they care for aging parents, spouses and other loved ones. A Bankrate company headquartered in San Mateo, CA, Caring.com provides helpful caregiving content, online support groups and a comprehensive Senior Care Directory for the United States, with nearly 100,000 consumer ratings and reviews and a toll-free senior living referral line at (800) 325-8591. Connect with Caring.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and/or YouTube.
About Holiday Retirement
Since 1971, Holiday Retirement has endeavored to provide its signature "Holiday Touch" to residents and their families. Today, Holiday is a trusted name in senior living and provides security, comfort, and value to independent seniors seeking a fulfilling lifestyle. Holiday operates more than 300 retirement communities, making it one of the largest senior living providers in the United States. For more information about Holiday Retirement, call 888-370-7071 or visit www.holidaytouch.com.