SOURCE: Holmes Murphy & Associates
DES MOINES, IA--(Marketwired - December 19, 2013) - Holmes Murphy & Associates' Chairman Jim Swift will move into a new role as director of development opportunities effective January 1, 2014, as part of the organization's planned leadership perpetuation strategy.
As director of development opportunities, Swift will oversee Holmes Murphy's strategic acquisitions and related growth plans.
"Jim Swift's leadership has been critical to Holmes Murphy's significant growth in the last decade," CEO Daniel T. Keough said. "His dedication to creating business relationships of the highest standards and passion for laying the foundation for lasting partnerships has facilitated our strengthened success."
Swift's tenure is notable for multiple accomplishments, according to Keough:
- Holmes Murphy has grown into the 26th largest independent risk management and insurance brokerage firm in the United States, according to Business Insurance magazine.
- The firm had record-setting revenue surpassing $100 million in 2012. Revenue is projected at $125 million by 2015, up from $50 million just a decade ago.
- Shareholder value of the privately held company has increased over three-fold since 2002.
- The firm has grown from 2 to 12 offices in 10 states and from 70 to 575 employees.
- "Jim's focus has been on delivering dynamic growth, being the employer of choice and providing unsurpassed service excellence to our clients and partners while maintaining our proud heritage as a privately-held company," President Den Bishop said. "He exemplifies our core values of expert know-how, exceptional service and integrity."
- Swift joined Holmes Murphy as an account executive in 1980. By 1988, he had advanced to the position of senior vice president of sales. He served as Holmes Murphy's president before being named CEO in 2007 and chairman and CEO in 2009.
- Swift is a graduate of The University of Iowa and is professionally accredited as a Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU). He has been actively involved in professional, civic and charitable organizations, including serving as chair of Young Presidents' Organization, Iowa Chapter, and on the board of directors of the Dowling Foundation.
About Holmes Murphy
Founded in 1932, Holmes Murphy & Associates, an independent insurance brokerage, is ranked 26 among America's top 100 brokers. Holmes Murphy has offices in Des Moines, Davenport and Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Dallas, Texas; Kansas City, Kan.; Omaha, Neb.; St. Louis, Mo.; Madison, Wis.; Peoria, Ill.; Oklahoma City, Okla.; Scottsdale, Ariz.; and Sioux Falls, S.D. Holmes Murphy serves business and industry leaders throughout the Midwest and across the nation in the areas of property and casualty insurance, employee benefits, captive insurance, risk management and loss control.
For more information, call 800-247-7756 or visit www.holmesmurphy.com. Follow Holmes Murphy on Twitter.com @holmesmurphyins or visit us on Facebook and LinkedIn.
The following files are available for download: