VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA and SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE--(Marketwired - Oct. 9, 2013) -
Editors Note: There is a photo accompanying this press release.
HootSuite, the world's most popular social relationship management platform, which recently received one of the years' largest rounds of global venture capital funding of US $165 million in August, named Ken Mandel as Managing Director for Asia Pacific (APAC). Mandel, an experienced sales and digital advertising leader in APAC, brings a wide range of enterprise innovation and executive leadership experience to HootSuite. Mandel is now responsible for HootSuite's regional growth strategy and rapid expansion with Enterprise customers.
Prior to joining HootSuite, Mandel was Managing Director, Salesforce Marketing Cloud for APAC, and before that he was Buddy Media's first hire in the region. Mandel led Buddy Media's growth in the region until it was acquired by Salesforce.com in 2012.
Before his role at Salesforce.com/Buddy Media, Mandel was Yahoo!'s Regional Vice President of APAC. At Yahoo!, Mandel opened four new markets in under two years and monetized Yahoo!'s entire product line, including Display, Search, Ad Network, Mobile, and the RightMedia Exchange.
Mandel's previous experience includes CEO of APAC for Neo@Ogilvy, where he grew the digital marketplace foresights team in the region from a single person to over 200 employees in just 16 months; and at XM, where he developed one office with 18 staff into one of the region's most awarded digital agencies with four offices and more than 110 employees.
HootSuite in Asia Pacific
HootSuite Enterprise provides advanced social business tools and services that help large organizations with social engagement, team collaboration, analytics and security.
- Enterprise clients in APAC include the Australian Red Cross, Jetstar Airways, and the City of Sydney. HootSuite is also used by Virgin, PepsiCo, Sony Music, FOX, and 744 of the Fortune 1000 companies.
- HootSuite's global expansion continued in Q3 with strong results in the APAC region. To date, there are 53 APAC-based enterprise customers, representing a 20% increase in growth this quarter.
- The company plans to aggressively ramp up its presence in the region, focusing on Hong Kong, South East Asia, Japan, and Australia.
- HootSuite now offers 15 fully translated dashboard languages, including Thai, Japanese, Korean, Indonesian, Chinese Simplified and Chinese Traditional.
"Ken's 20 years of leadership experience in the APAC region adds tremendous value to our current expansion as the world's leading social relationship platform," says Ryan Holmes, CEO of HootSuite. "He is a skilled business leader with passion about the convergence of marketing and technology. His insights will help push widespread enterprise adoption of HootSuite across the Asia Pacific region and I am pleased to welcome him to our executive team."
"I'm thrilled to join HootSuite at this time of incredible growth," says Mandel, who is based in Singapore. "With our current momentum and global expansion plans the APAC market holds tremendous unlocked potential in the enterprise business sphere. I look forward to building a strong regional team and enhancing HootSuite's presence in APAC."
HootSuite has grown its unique culture rapidly with 370 employees up from just over 70 in early 2012. Additional career opportunities throughout the APAC region are available across many departments. Follow @HootHR to receive updates on HootSuite's available employment opportunities.
- Blog Post: http://blog.hootsuite.com/new-md-apac-ken-mandel
- HootSuite Careers: http://www.hootsuite.com/careers
- HootSuite Enterprise: http://enterprise.hootsuite.com
- Media Kit: http://media.hootsuite.com/media-kit
HootSuite is a social relationship platform for businesses and organizations to collaboratively execute campaigns across social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ Pages from one secure, web-based dashboard. Advanced functionality includes tools for audience engagement, team collaboration, account security and comprehensive analytics for end-to-end measurement and reporting. To learn more, visit http://www.hootsuite.com.
To view the photo accompanying this press release, please visit the following link: