VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwired - Nov. 30, 2016) -
Editor's Note: There are four images associated with this release.
Hootsuite, the most widely used platform for managing social media, commissioned an online study by Harris Poll that found half of Americans (48 percent) have interacted with companies or organizations on at least one of their social media networks.
"This research underscores the pervasiveness of social media and the massive opportunities available for organizations that use social to engage with their customers," said Penny Wilson, chief marketing officer at Hootsuite. "Today social plays a key role in determining and influencing customers' attitudes, motivations and behaviors. Now, more than ever, there's an opportunity to tap into social and connect with customers when, where and how they want, helping to maximize sales."
The recent survey indicates that companies and organizations who do not invest in social media may risk losing touch with customers and being outpaced by competitors.
Four out of every five Americans have a social media account.
- Half of Americans (48 percent) have interacted with companies or institutions on at least one social media network.
- 41 percent of Americans say it's important that the organizations they engage with have a strong social media presence.
- Of those Americans who have a social media account:
- 28 percent would rather engage with an organization on social media rather than visiting a physical location.
- 59 percent agree that customer service via social media has made it easier to get questions and concerns resolved.
In the U.K., roughly 3 of every 4 adults have a social media account.
- 40 percent of U.K. adults say it's very/somewhat important that organizations they purchase from have a strong social media presence.
- Of those U.K. adults who have a social media account:
- About 1 in 3 (34 percent) would rather engage with an organization on social media rather than visiting a physical location.
- 56 percent agree that customer service via social media has made it easier to get questions and concerns resolved.
Based on the research, it is clear that understanding the role of social media in determining and influencing consumers' attitudes, motivations and behaviors is more important than ever.
"Marketers should align communication strategies to target customers at the right time, in the right place and with the right message," said Wilson.
Resources from Hootsuite
This survey was conducted online by Harris Poll on behalf of Hootsuite from May 25-29, 2016 among 2,048 adults ages 18 and older in the US and among 1,029 in the UK. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables.
Hootsuite is the most widely used platform for managing social media, loved by over 15 million people around the globe and trusted by more than 800 of the Fortune 1000. With Hootsuite, brands harness the power of social. Our platform brings together your social networks and integrates with hundreds of business applications. It's the place to build customer relationships, listen to the needs of the market and grow your revenue. To learn more, visit www.hootsuite.com.
To view the images associated with this release, please visit the following links: