TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Feb. 11, 2013) - BodyScience Medical announces a new innovative program - HormoneSync for Weight Loss to help patients achieve successful weight loss by combining hormone balance with a personalized roadmap to eating that allows them to lose 1 to 3 pounds per week, safely and healthfully. Science has uncovered several strong links between hormones and hunger, cravings, body fat and weight loss. With age, imbalances of estrogen, progesterone, testosterone and thyroid hormones can contribute to excess pounds, especially around the abdomen, and difficulty shedding weight.
"So many of our patients list weight control as one of their top health concerns. They've struggled to lose weight, or they're frustrated by extra weight creeping on despite not changing how they eat or exercise," explains Leslie Beck, Registered Dietitian and National Director of Nutrition for BodyScience Medical. "What many people don't realize is that certain hormones could be contributing to their weight struggle by driving hunger and cravings, reducing muscle mass, lowering metabolism, or encouraging cells to store fat. We specifically developed HormoneSync for Weight Loss to look at the whole picture - hormone health, eating habits, and nutrient intake."
BodyScience Medical's unique program - HormoneSync for Weight Loss appeals to men and women, who have hormone imbalances affecting their body weight. Key components of this integrative program include:
- A comprehensive medical examination and medical history review by our trained physician
- Measurement of weight-related hormones tied to metabolism, body fat and weight loss as well as any other health related issues
- A review and explanation of medical and laboratory results by our doctor and dedicated patient care coordinator
- A thorough diet and nutritional assessment by our Registered Dietitian
- A customized meal plan designed to achieve a patient's weight loss goal
- Specific medical recommendations and a treatment plan based hormone test results, medical findings and weight loss goals
- A patient care coordinator dedicated to patients by phone or email, on an as needed basis, to provide additional resources and to answer questions
- An ongoing monitoring program to ensure successful weight loss and hormone balance
Dr. Gus Zachos, an expert in treating hormone imbalances for men and women. Hormone balance is both a progressive and evidence-based tool in the field of field of weight management, anti-aging and preventative medicine. Dr. Gus Zachos and BodyScience Medical have taken this one-step further, by building an integrative, proactive approach to balancing hormones and managing weight using a natural, customized approach to bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT), diet and nutrition based on the patient's medical results and health goals. Dr. Gus Zachos has extensive knowledge, and best practices, offering patients an innovative treatment to weight management based on scientific methodology.
Leslie Beck, RD is Canada's leading nutritionist, and oversees BodyScience Medical's nutrition programs. Her extensive knowledge on balancing the right mix of nutritious whole foods and designing personalized meal plans will help alleviate hormonal symptoms including weight gain, sluggish metabolism and loss of energy. Leslie writes a weekly column in The Globe and Mail, Canada's national newspaper, and is a regular contributor to CTV News and can be heard every week on Montreal's CJAD Morning Radio. Leslie is also a best-selling author of 12 books on health and nutrition.
About BodyScience Medical
BodyScience Medical is dedicated to helping women and men feel their best in midlife and beyond. Our expert medical team treats symptoms and weight management issues caused by hormonal imbalances. BodyScience Medical centre opened in February 2012; the centre is located at Shops at Don Mills, 1090 Don Mills Road, in the RBC building. To find out more, visit www.bodysciencemedical.com or call 416.915.9100.