TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Sept. 25, 2013) - HotelTonight (www.hoteltonight.com) the leading on-demand mobile booking app, announced today it has expanded further in Canada with new last-minute hotel offerings in Whistler, BC and Victoria, BC (coming next week!). With these two new destinations HotelTonight now serves six markets in Canada: Calgary, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Whistler and Victoria.
Notable hotel partners in these destinations include:
- Calgary: Hotel Arts, Kensington Riverside Inn, Westin Calgary
- Montreal: Hotel Nelligan, Le St Sulpice, Le Crystal
- Toronto: Thompson Toronto, Cosmopolitan Toronto, The Omni King Edward
- Vancouver: Fairmont Pacific Rim, OPUS Hotel, L'Hermitage Hotel
- Whistler: Pan Pacific Mountainside Hotel, Adara Hotel, Summit Lodge & Spa
- Victoria: Fairmont Empress (Stay-tuned for more on Victoria!)
HotelTonight also announced today it has expanded into Central Europe with the launch of Prague, Czech Republic, Budapest, Hungary, and Vienna, Austria giving Canadian globetrotters and business travellers easy access to last-minute room deals on their smartphones. The app offers deals on hotel rooms in 150 destinations around the world.
"We are so excited to see the overwhelmingly positive response to HotelTonight from Canadians who are prolific travelers for pleasure and business," says Sam Shank, CEO and co-founder, HotelTonight. "We will keep pushing forward into other Canadian destinations, making last-minute trips seamless and affordable at home and around the world."
HotelTonight also recently released a new version of its iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch apps. The new version, HotelTonight 5.0, is optimized for Apple's latest operating system, iOS7. HotelTonight 5.0 includes a new feature that allows customers to easily scan and add their credit cards, creating a more seamless travel experience.
These announcements come just two weeks after the mobile-only hotel booking company announced $45M USD in Series D financing led by Coatue Management, a leading technology-focused investment firm. Since HotelTonight's launch in January 2011, the company has raised more than $80M USD in funding and established itself as the leader in mobile travel. By delighting users with a beautiful product that's easy and natural for anyone to use, HotelTonight is breathing new life into the travel industry and fundamentally changing the way people think about booking hotel stays. HotelTonight is available for free on iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
How HotelTonight Works:
- Each day at noon local time, HotelTonight offers last-minute hotel rooms at great values in over 150 destinations across the globe.
- Hotel rooms can be easily booked via the app in less than 10 seconds -- just three taps and a swipe from app launch to completed booking. Guests can book up to a five-night stay on the app.
- All hotels are personally vetted by HotelTonight staff, given a style category (like Basic, Hip or Luxe) and illustrated by mobile-optimized hotel photos.
- Rooms can be booked until 2 a.m. local time.
HotelTonight was launched in 2011 to provide easy mobile booking of same-day unsold hotel inventory. For consumers, HotelTonight offers incredible convenience and amazing value at quality hotels. For hotels, HotelTonight is a marketplace to fill last-minute rooms that would otherwise remain empty. HotelTonight is currently available in over 150 destinations across the globe. Based in San Francisco, California with a London-based European office, HotelTonight is backed by some of the top venture firms and travel-industry pioneers in the world. Visit www.hoteltonight.com for more information and to download the free app.