SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Jun 2, 2014) -
Core News Facts:
- HotelTonight today announced its release of an application for the Windows 8 Platform including Windows mobile Phones and Tablets. The on-demand mobile hotel booking app is now available on iOS, Android and Windows mobile operating systems.
- HotelTonight now supports the Microsoft Windows Phone 8 operating system, further solidifying its position as the leader in mobile travel. HotelTonight will now be available on a new range of devices including the Nokia Lumia Icon and Samsung ATIV SE.
- HotelTonight for Windows takes advantage of the intuitive experience and easy to navigate interface of the Windows operating system and offers its users the same great benefits of HotelTonight's other apps, including:
- Deals in over 300 destinations in the Americas and Europe
- Last-minute bookings (for up to 5 nights) from 9am to 2am everyday
- Great values at great hotels
- Hotels that have been personally selected by HotelTonight staff
- Mobile-optimized photography
- A 10 second booking process from the moment one opens the app to a completed booking. 3 taps and a swipe to book a room on HotelTonight, much quicker and simpler than other hotel booking apps available for Windows Phone.
- $40 dollars off your first booking with the promo code WINTONIGHT (Please note: The promo code is redeemable for Windows Phone only; One redemption per device ID)
- Download the app for Windows Phone here: http://bit.ly/1itvAgq
- Already in 27 countries, HotelTonight has been aggressively expanding internationally, and HotelTonight for Windows Phone and Tablets will further extend its global reach.
- With the addition of the Windows Phone and Tablet apps, HotelTonight has gone to market with a total of six apps since its launch in January of 2011 (Please Note: HotelTonight's Windows Tablet app will be released in early June).
- HotelTonight is the only hotel booking app that's made for mobile from the ground up. The app has been downloaded more than ten million times, and has over 10,000 hotel partners in 27 countries and more than 300 destinations.
- Since HotelTonight's launch in January 2011, the company has raised more than $80 million in funding and established itself as the leader in mobile travel. HotelTonight delights users with a beautiful product that's easy and natural for anyone to use, breathing new life into the travel industry and fundamentally changing the way people think about booking hotel stays.
- HotelTonight is available for free on iPhone, iPad, Android devices and Windows Phone. Download the app here: http://www.hoteltonight.com/now
Sam MacDonnell, CTO, HotelTonight
"We are excited to be bringing HotelTonight to even more people around the world with the launch of our Windows Phone and Tablet apps. Our goal is to make sure that everyone everywhere can book a hotel room quickly, simply and at the last minute from their mobile device, and the growing popularity of Windows Phone brings us one step closer to turning this goal into a reality."
Todd Brix, GM Windows Apps And Store, Microsoft
"We are delighted to welcome HotelTonight aboard the Windows 8 Platform. Adding HotelTonight to our list of apps is part of our commitment to offer Windows Phone and Tablet users the very best services. Our users will now be able to book a room on the go thanks to the app's sleek design and great user experience."
HotelTonight was launched in 2011 to provide easy mobile booking of same-day unsold hotel inventory. For consumers, HotelTonight offers incredible convenience and amazing value at quality hotels. For hotels, HotelTonight is a marketplace to fill last-minute rooms that would otherwise remain empty. HotelTonight is currently available in over 300 destinations across the globe. Based in San Francisco, California with a London-based European office, HotelTonight is backed by Coatue Management, top venture firms and leading travel-industry pioneers. Visit www.hoteltonight.com for more information and to download the free app.