SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Dec 11, 2012) -
Core News Facts:
- HotelTonight (http://www.hoteltonight.com/), the leading last-minute hotel booking app, announced today its Continental Europe launch with initial hotel offerings in Paris, Nice, Brussels and Amsterdam.
- In addition to touching down in Europe, HotelTonight adds Mexico City and Acapulco to its international destinations list on December 12th.
- HotelTonight also announced today that it has released new versions of its iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android apps. The new localized versions of the apps (HotelTonight Version 4.2) now support multiple languages, namely French, German, Italian and Spanish. This is a major advancement for HotelTonight as it continues its steadfast expansion overseas.
- The 4.2 versions of the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android apps feature:
- Content localized in the unique, native voice of each country.
- Original, mobile-optimized photos in all destinations, taken by HotelTonight staff.
- Dynamic, personalized hotel options for each user.
- International payment and currency conversion for EUR, GBP, MXN, CAD and USD.
- In the US and Canada, Calgary, Vail/Breckenridge and Lake Tahoe recently joined the app -- just in time for a holiday ski getaway.
- With these newly added cities, HotelTonight now offers last-minute rooms at great values in over 70 destinations across the globe, more than tripling its geographic reach over the last calendar year.
- As HotelTonight continues its aggressive expansion, it still maintains its hotel-friendly approach, building deep relationships with its hotel partners. Notable new partners include:
- Banks Mansion (Amsterdam)
- Boscolo Exedra (Nice)
- Hotel Habita (Mexico City)
- Las Brisas Hotel Collection (Acapulco)
- Le Burgundy (Paris)
- Tivoli Lodge (Vail)
- The Dominican (Brussels)
- The Resort at Squaw Creek (Lake Tahoe)
- Since HotelTonight's launch in January 2011, the company has raised more than $35 million in funding and established itself as the leader in mobile travel. By building apps that allow users to easily book same-day rooms at great properties, HotelTonight is revolutionizing the way consumers book travel.
- HotelTonight is available for free on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and on Android. Download the app here (http://www.hoteltonight.com/), and use promo code TONIGHT for $25 USD / CAD, £15 GBP, EUR 20 EUR or $300 MXN off your first booking.
How HotelTonight Works:
- Each day at noon local time, HotelTonight offers last-minute hotel rooms at great values in over 70 destinations across the globe.
- Hotel rooms can be easily booked via the app in less than 10 seconds -- just three taps and a swipe from app launch to completed booking.
- All hotels are personally vetted by HotelTonight staff, given a style category (like Basic, Hip or Luxe) and illustrated by mobile-optimized hotel photos.
- Rooms can be booked until 2 a.m. local time.
Sam Shank, Co-Founder and CEO, HotelTonight:
"It's become crystal clear to us that the demand for a last-minute booking app is universal. One of the things we hear most from HT fans is that they want us to be everywhere. Localizing the app is a huge step in getting us there. By launching in a growing list of international destinations, including France, Belgium and Mexico, and making the app available in multiple languages, HotelTonight helps fulfill spontaneous travelers' needs across the globe."
HotelTonight was founded in December 2010 to provide easy mobile booking of same-day unsold hotel inventory. For consumers, HotelTonight offers incredible convenience and amazing value at quality hotels. For hotels, HotelTonight is a marketplace to fill last-minute rooms that would otherwise remain empty. HotelTonight is currently available in over 70 destinations across the globe. Based in San Francisco, California, HotelTonight is backed by some of the top venture firms and travel-industry pioneers in the world. Visit www.hoteltonight.com for more information and to download the free app.