SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 15, 2014) -
Core News Facts:
- HotelTonight, the on-demand mobile hotel booking app, introduced the "Look Ahead" feature today to empower people to be more spontaneous with their travel. Look Ahead gives HotelTonight customers a snapshot of last-minute room rates and expected savings, hotel availability and other location-specific information for the upcoming week.
- The feature is currently available for NYC, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Washington, DC, Chicago, San Francisco, San Diego and Dallas with more cities expected soon. Here's how it works:
- Open one of the cities listed above, tap 'Look Ahead' in the bottom right corner of the app and a 7-day calendar will show.
- Select a day, and HotelTonight will reveal expected rates and savings. HotelTonight will also indicate how busy the destination is on any given day, and if any events, conferences or marketing promotions are happening in that location. Make sure to check out the feature this weekend for special launch promotions!
- Pricing, availability and events for each day will be indicated by icons and a short description.
- The Look Ahead feature will initially launch on iPhone and roll out to iPad and Android devices soon.
- For HotelTonight customers, there are many benefits of the new Look Ahead feature -- it allows them to plan to be spontaneous for events like weekend getaways, summer road trips and other leisure travel, gives them flexibility for last-minute business trips, and gives them a heads-up on marketing promotions, killer room deals and additional destination information up to a week in advance.
- For hotels, Look Ahead can help generate demand for unfilled rooms. By offering destination-specific promotions, packages and events, the feature is meant to inspire more people to book last-minute and could draw in new guests who might not otherwise have booked a hotel that day. Look Ahead is yet another way that HotelTonight's real-time marketplace provides value for hotels.
- Expected rates and last-minute savings are based on historical and predictive booking data, plus insight from HotelTonight's team of Market Managers and Data Scientists. The team's market expertise and close relationships with hotel partners, in addition to this proprietary, last-minute mobile data, help HotelTonight provide an accurate, real-time expectation of hotel inventory for the week ahead.
- Look Ahead helps improve HotelTonight customer confidence that rooms will be available through the app in participating destinations each day at 9am local time, and helps them plan by anticipating what prices and discounts they could receive. HotelTonight is the first booking app to give customers a peek into expected same-day hotel rates and savings up to a week in advance.
- HotelTonight also recently announced its expansion to seven new countries and close to 50 new destinations in March alone. HotelTonight has over 9.5 million downloads and 10,000+ hotel partners in 24 countries, and is now in more than 300 destinations worldwide.
- Global Expansion Update: Most notably, HotelTonight recently added: Athens, Buenos Aires, Copenhagen, Istanbul, Lisbon, Stockholm and Warsaw to its destinations list. Other new cities on the app include Naples, Bologna and Turin in Italy; Cologne and Düsseldorf in Germany; Medellín in Colombia; Cannes and Strasbourg in France; Salzburg in Austria; Rotterdam in Holland; and Bristol in England.
- HotelTonight continues to expand overseas, adding not only dozens of new destinations, but also a new, more budget-friendly category, Crash Pad. Crash Pad, featuring hostels and other lower-priced, social properties, offers HotelTonight customers a new type of stay in select European cities. Crash Pad will be rolling out to additional markets soon.
- US Expansion Update: 2014 has been a busy year for HotelTonight stateside as well. The company recently announced that it added Barry Sternlicht as an investor and advisor, and also shared that it brought on several large-scale, global hotel chains, including InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG®), Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Best Western International, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, FRHI Hotels & Resorts (Fairmont, Raffles & Swissôtel brands), La Quinta Inn & Suites and several more.
- This news, plus the company's continued expansion to secondary and tertiary markets in the US like Augusta, Georgia; Modesto, California; Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; South Bend, Indiana; and Jackson, Mississippi, to mention a few, helps HotelTonight fulfill its promise to be ubiquitous.
- Since HotelTonight's launch in January 2011, the company has raised more than $80 million in funding and established itself as a leader in mobile travel. By delighting its customers with a beautiful product that's easy and natural for anyone to use, HotelTonight is breathing new life into the travel industry and fundamentally changing the way people think about booking hotel stays.
- HotelTonight is available for free on iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Download the app here: http://www.hoteltonight.com/now
How HotelTonight Works:
- Each day at 9am local time, HotelTonight offers last-minute hotel rooms at great values in over 300 destinations across the globe.
- Hotel rooms can be easily booked via the app in less than 10 seconds -- just three taps and a swipe from app launch to completed booking. Guests can book stays of up to five-nights on the app.
- All hotels are vetted by HotelTonight staff, given a style category (like Basic, Hip or Luxe) and illustrated by mobile-optimized hotel photos.
- Rooms can be booked until 2am local time.
Sam Shank, CEO and Co-Founder, HotelTonight:
"We built Look Ahead to answer one of the most common questions we get about HotelTonight: 'The rates look great tonight, but what will they look like tomorrow, or next week?' Using the Look Ahead 'crystal ball,' HotelTonight customers now have visibility into the consistent value we strive to provide every single day. With this feature, travelers can rely on HotelTonight for even more of their last minute travel planning, and in a few seconds book a room at an amazing hotel for an unbelievable price."
HotelTonight was launched in 2011 to provide easy mobile booking of same-day unsold hotel inventory. For consumers, HotelTonight offers incredible convenience and amazing value at quality hotels. For hotels, HotelTonight is a marketplace to fill last-minute rooms that would otherwise remain empty. HotelTonight is currently available in over 300 destinations across the globe. Based in San Francisco, California with a London-based European office, HotelTonight is backed by Coatue Management, top venture firms and leading travel-industry pioneers. Visit www.hoteltonight.com for more information and to download the free app.