ATLANTA, GA--(Marketwired - Dec 30, 2013) - Insightpool, the leader in social engagement optimization released key findings today of the best usage of social touchpoints in Q4 by Fortune 500 companies. This revealing analysis, visualized in a new infographic, highlights how some of the world's largest companies develop relationships and increase perception through subtle social impressions: use of Twitter's favorite, follow, list and retweet functions. Each of these actions, while small, is a subtle social touch point that allows brands to increase their perception without even saying a word. Considering 418 out of the Fortune 500 companies have Twitter accounts (more than any other social platform) this analysis reveals some of the missed opportunities for brands to create social currency with their constituents. Topping the list at number one for this inaugural study is entertainment giant Live Nation for their effective and consistent leveraging of social touchpoints across the board. Other key findings include:
- Starbucks, ranked seventh overall is the only company ranked top five in two different categories (second in favorites, third in follows).
- Several less known household names including CA Technologies (third overall) and Alcoa (eighth overall) helped round out the top 10 and are regularly creating touchpoints with their targets and ultimately yielding stronger brand loyalty over time.
- Consumer favorites like Whole Foods rank high in followers (number one) but overall barely make the top 200 of this study due to an imbalanced approach by missing out on interactions like favorites that could easily increase brand affinity.
- Similarly, JC Penney revealed an imbalanced approach by topping the favorites ranking but fell to number 101 when it came to taking the simple step of following some of its loyal consumers.
- An overwhelming majority of companies, 88 percent, are favoring relevant tweets less than 30 times per month, that's an average of only one interaction of this type per day.
Insightpool plans to regularly track and analyze and release studies on social currency use across the Fortune 500 and other industry rankings in order to offer resources for organizations that want to reap the benefits of social engagement.
The infographic and a copy of the full report and methodology can be downloaded here: http://www.insightpool.com/social-currency-index/
Insightpool helps the most innovative brands in the world scale their social outreach. Whether targeting influencers, prospects or customers, the software drives target audiences to take desired actions on behalf of brands. Through big data processes, Insightpool combines interest graph analysis and proprietary algorithms to yield rich data profiles and give brands the power to deliver sincerity at scale. With laser-like targeting capabilities and a robust engagement platform, Insightpool helps brands proactively engage with the right people through the right social impressions at the right time. Learn more at http://www.insightpool.com and @insightpool.