NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Mar 20, 2013) - Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Howard County has completed an upgrade to Infor Public Sector version 8.2.3. The county, located in the metropolitan area of Baltimore, MD., and Washington, D.C., has been using Infor Public Sector (formerly Hansen) products for asset management since 2003. Decision-makers elected to update the solution to enable improved user interface, better access and easier integration with third-party applications that are in use across eight different county departments.
- Howard County utilizes Infor Public Sector Asset Management tools for work management, customer service, asset analysis and mapping to more effectively manage its infrastructure and maximize value from existing assets.
- Infor Public Sector allows Howard County to customize its user interface to display only relevant information on an individual employee basis. This has allowed the county to increase user productivity through ease-of-use and faster access to critical data.
- Infor Public Sector helps speed the creation and completion of work orders by automatically generating service requests from public suggestions. The system instantly creates the work order and transfers it to an inspector in real-time. Users can also employ the powerful search tool to instantly locate specific service requests and the maintenance staff member designated for fulfillment.
- The county's decision-makers now have the ability to generate custom reports and export directly to Microsoft Excel, facilitating faster data manipulation and in-depth reporting and analysis. This enables officials to identify potential areas for efficiency gains and resource savings to help reduce operational costs.
- Howard County will integrate the Infor Public Sector Geographic Information Systems (GIS) module to create connectivity between asset information and maps. Maintenance workers in the field will be able to immediately pinpoint assets and address work orders upon submission.
- The county will also integrate Infor Public Sector with additional third-party applications to eliminate manual entry and enable enhanced communication and collaboration between departments.
Howard County Quote
"Infor's public sector solution has enabled us to effectively manage assets for nearly a decade, but we wanted to further increase productivity by significantly expanding our user count and enabling automated processes," said Mike Porter, systems maintenance superintendent, Bureau of Utilities, Howard County. "The upgrade was essential to deliver the ease-of-use and departmental connectivity necessary to streamline our operations and increase efficiency."
"Public agencies like Howard County are continually called to stretch resources while managing increasing accountability and service demands from citizens," said Kevin Curry, SVP, Public Sector, Infor. "Infor Public Sector is designed specifically to help governments maximize the use of existing assets and improve operations performance to help speed internal processes and reduce costs."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
About Howard County
Howard County is centrally located in the state of Maryland and considered part of the Baltimore-Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. For more information, visit www.howardcountymd.gov or www.visithowardcounty.com.
Infor is the third-largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.