BOSTON, MA--(Marketwired - Sep 12, 2016) - HP (NYSE: HPQ)
- Acquires Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.'s printer business, accelerating disruption of $55 billion A3 copier segment
- Launches breakthrough portfolio of A3 multifunction printers and services
- Rolls out Partner First program updates to radically simplify and enhance partner engagement
- Introduces Device as a Service partner specialization to drive services-led sales transformation
Today at the HP Global Partner Conference (GPC), HP Inc. announced a range of news, product innovations, services and programs aimed at delivering value to its global network of more than 250,000 partners.
With an agenda focused on reinvention, HP will share its vision and strategy to drive profitable growth and expand its channel business to 87 percent, up from 80 percent. Top speakers include HP CEO Dion Weisler, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, and key board members including TaskRabbit CEO Stacy Brown-Philpot, among others.
"The needs and expectations of our customers are changing rapidly, and change creates opportunities for HP and our partners," said Dion Weisler, president and CEO, HP. "Backed by the channel who are critical to our go-to-market strategy, HP's innovations are powering business and industry transformations. Together, we can seize these new opportunities and drive profitable growth today and in the future."
Today's announcement include:
- HP announced a definitive agreement to acquire Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.'s printer business in a deal valued at $1.05 billion. The proposed acquisition positions HP to disrupt the $55 billion copier industry, a segment that hasn't innovated in decades. Read more here.
- HP also introduced an extensive line of A3 multifunction printers (MFPs) and services, representing a strategic initiative for the company and supporting its effort to reinvent business printing. For partners, HP has launched a new services-led channel business model, enabling its channel to sell and service more efficiently, while delivering customers affordable color, reliable performance, and industry-leading security through HP PageWide Enterprise, PageWide Pro and LaserJet Managed MFP platforms. Read more here.
Building on its strongest product portfolio ever, HP is pioneering entirely new categories that benefit customers, and transforming business models together with its partners. Additional announcements include:
- Updates to HP Partner First program, Co-Marketing Zone and Social Media Center designed to offer more value to partners and enable them to grow their businesses by tapping into industry trends. Read more here.
- Partner First Specialist designation now available for HP Device as a Service (DaaS), giving qualified partners access to exclusive benefits. Read more here.
Also, HP and Microsoft have entered a multi-year agreement to deploy Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online to thousands of HP employees in order to enhance collaboration across marketing, sales and service operations. Read more here.
Attendees will participate in special tracks such as Women in the Channel; interactive sessions on topics that include the millennial workforce, the shift to everything as a service, and evolving security threats; and workshops on topics such as omni-channel selling and how to turn market pressures into business opportunities.
For more information on HP Global Partner Conference and today's announcements, visit hp.com/go/newsroom and follow @hpchannelnews on Twitter.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If the risks or uncertainties ever materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP Inc. and its consolidated subsidiaries ("HP") may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions.
All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to any projections of net revenue, margins, expenses, effective tax rates, net earnings, net earnings per share, cash flows, benefit plan funding, deferred tax assets, share repurchases, currency exchange rates or other financial items; any projections of the amount, timing or impact of cost savings or restructuring and other charges; any statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including the execution of restructuring plans and any resulting cost savings, revenue or profitability improvements; any statements concerning the expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products or services; any statements regarding current or future macroeconomic trends or events and the impact of those trends and events on HP and its financial performance; any statements regarding pending investigations, claims or disputes; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing.
Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP's businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; risks associated with executing HP's strategy; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP's products and the delivery of HP's services effectively; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP's international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the results of the restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost (including any possible disruption of HP's business) and the anticipated benefits of the restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2015, HP's Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarters ended January 31, 2016, April 30, 2016 and July 31, 2016, and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements. HP's Investor Relations website at http://www.hp.com/investor/home contains a significant amount of information about HP, including financial and other information for investors. HP encourages investors to visit its website from time to time, as information is updated and new information is posted.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.