PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - Nov 1, 2016) - One year ago today, HP Inc. (NYSE: HPQ) was created as a result of the largest separation in corporate history. At that moment, the Silicon Valley pioneer began a journey of reinvention as a new company with the heart and energy of a startup, and the brains and muscle of a Fortune 100.
With a well-recognized brand operating at tremendous scale, HP set out to reinvent itself and the industries it serves through a series of aggressive moves in Printing, 3D Printing, and Personal Systems. While focused on innovating in its core business, HP continued to aggressively expand into new growth categories and future product segments and markets.
For visual assets, please see our media kit here. Highlights of HP's first year include:
Disrupting the $12 trillion manufacturing industry with commercial 3D Printing
- HP introduced the HP Jet Fusion 3D Printing Solution, the world's first production-ready 3D printing system. Strategic 3D printing partners include BMW, Nike, Autodesk, Johnson & Johnson and many others, all engaged in putting HP's 3D printing technology to work for prototyping and parts production for automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer goods, and other applications. Building on HP's leadership in 2D printing, the new 3D printer systems, along with HP's bold new open innovation platform, will revolutionize manufacturing by enabling highly customized products to be made closer to where the customers live.
Disrupting the A3 copier category with superior ink and laser multifunction printing
- As the global leader in A4 printing, HP introduced 16 new printing solutions for the $55 billion A3 market, which has long been dominated by complicated, complex, and outdated copier technology. To accelerate disruption, HP announced a deal to acquire Samsung's printer business for $1.05 billion, which is expected to close in the second half of 2017. By combining Samsung's A3 laser technologies with HP's next-generation ink-printing technologies, HP now offers customers breakthrough performance and economics, including greater reliability and the lowest cost-per-color-page in the industry. For channel partners, it represents the industry's best portfolio of A3 laser, MFPs, and A4 laser printing solutions for the office.
Delivering award-winning products that dazzle in performance and design
- Beginning with the "Best of Show" at the 2016 Consumer Electronics Show, HP introduced a steady procession of award-winning products in both Printing and Personal Systems. Examples include the Elite x3 that converts seamlessly into both a laptop and desktop; the Spectre 13, the world's thinnest notebook computer; the HP Pavilion Wave and the HP Elite Slice, which prove that desktop computers can be small, sleek and modular, and no longer have to be hidden under a desk; and Sprocket, a pocket-sized printer that instantly prints sticky-backed photos from a smartphone.
Delivering a premium lineup of products that aims to "beat Apple at its own game."
- The Premium family of products will make you stop in your tracks and admire them. The lineup taps into the desire users feel toward their most prized possessions. With impressive technology and refined materials, HP's Premium devices inspire obsession. The premium lineup combines computing power with best-in class audiovisual technology for media experiences that amaze. In time for the holidays, HP recently revamped its flagship premium consumer x360 convertible, featuring a near zero border display in a design that is 13 percent thinner and 11 percent lighter. In addition, the company launched next-gen HP ENVY laptop and the redesigned HP ENVY AIO 27.
Delivering next generation gaming, Blended Reality, and more
Celebrating 50 years of innovation at HP Labs
Reinventing an iconic brand with emotional connection
- The value created by marketing is in developing a brand that stands the test of time. HP's brand is being built with purpose: to have a meaningful impact on people's lives; to build strong emotional connections based on tangible proof points; and to behave with integrity of words and actions. "Keep Reinventing" is HP's brand operating system; it is the filter through which the company measures everything. Whether it's the award-winning Premium campaign helping capture share from Apple, world-class Star Wars Personal Systems program and the launch of our OMEN gaming platform, or the emotionally resonant work helping drive the new generation of printing.
Championing diversity and inclusion, within the company and across the industry
- Commitment to diversity -- of thought, experience, race, ethnicity, gender, and perspective -- starts at the highest levels of the company. HP deliberately assembled one of Silicon Valley's -- and corporate America's -- most diverse Boards of Directors. Chief Marketing Officer Antonio Lucio and Chief Legal Counsel Kim Rivera also challenged HP's agency partners to commit to diversifying their workforces.
Embracing corporate responsibility and sustainability
- HP committed to use 100 percent renewable energy sources in all its operations, beginning with a pledge to reach 40 percent by 2020. The company received a 10 out of 10 for its ethical and socially responsible global supply chains, according to Gartner. As a global citizen committed to make life better for everyone, everywhere, HP offered educational and technology resources to Syrian refugees. As part of President Barack Obama's Leaders' Summit on Refugees, HP committed to opening new HP Learning Studios in the Middle East to give refugee students access to the latest education technology, and to provide adults with the opportunity to learn essential business and IT skills. Altogether, HP has committed more than $1 million in technology and training support to help refugees and alleviate poverty in the coming year.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.