LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwired - Oct. 7, 2013) - East Midlands Trains has given out more than 1200 free breakfast rolls to customers today (7 October) to mark the launch of its brand new First Class trains to London offer and to celebrate the start of National Customer Service Week.
From today, customers travelling in First Class on East Midlands Trains services will benefit from a complimentary breakfast on any train arriving into London before 10.00am on weekdays. A brand new all-day menu has also been launched with the introduction of tasty dishes such as antipasto, chilli con carne, vegetable tagine and a cheese platter. Customer favourites such as the East Midlands Ploughmans and the classic burger will remain on the menu, with all dishes priced from just £4.50.
Neil Micklethwaite, Customer Service and Commercial Director for East Midlands Trains, said: "We've had some great feedback about the 'singing butlers' who helped to hand out around 1200 free breakfast rolls to customers this morning to mark the launch of our new First Class service.
"We know that when deciding what train ticket to buy, our customers look for the added extras to ensure they are getting value for money. The launch of our new complimentary breakfast and exciting new menu, coupled with the free WiFi we already offer in First Class, means that First Class train travel becomes more attractive and affordable for customers."
The new complimentary breakfast will be available to all passengers travelling on weekday trains to London arriving before 10.00 and on trains departing from London before 09.00. The Great British Breakfast will be available on a selected number of peak services, whilst a lighter breakfast with a choice of breakfast roll, fruit, yoghurt, cereal or pastry are available on other morning services.
Full details of the breakfast services available and further information about the new First Class offer can be found at http://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/travelling-with-us/on-board/first-class-to-london.
ADDITIONAL HIGH RESOLUTION IMAGES ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
Photo caption: Singing butler Alberto hands a free breakfast roll to passenger Vimbai Gori to launch East Midlands Trains new First Class service
Photo caption: Singing butlers Alberto and Maxwell serve a free breakfast roll to passenger Jack Wilson to mark the launch of East Midlands Trains new First Class service
Notes to Editors
For media enquiries, please contact East Midlands Trains on 01738 442111. Out of office hours: An on-call service operates for urgent media enquiries out of hours. To access this service, please call 08448 222888 and quote MEDIA1. Please leave a short message, including your name, media organisation, phone number and the nature of your enquiry. The on call press officer will then return your call.
For a selection of East Midlands Trains images visit www.flickr.com/photos/eastmidlandstrains.
East Midlands Trains
• East Midlands Trains, part of the Stagecoach Group, runs fast, frequent trains from and to London St Pancras International and key UK destinations throughout the East Midlands, including Leicester, Derby, Sheffield, Nottingham, Manchester and Liverpool.
• East Midlands Trains is currently investing over £40 million to improve stations across its network and every single passenger train within its fleet.
• Committed to offering great value fares, use the East Midlands Best Fare Finder to search for cheap train tickets and book cheap train tickets to London and on more than 400 routes across the UK.
• Stagecoach Group is a leading international public transport group, with extensive operations in the UK, United States and Canada. The Group employs around 35,000 people, and operates bus, coach, train, and tram services.
• Stagecoach is one of UK's biggest bus and coach operators with around 8,000 buses and coaches. Around 2.5 million passengers travel on Stagecoach's buses every day on a network stretching from south-west England to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. The Group's business includes major city bus operations in London, Liverpool, Newcastle, Hull, Manchester, Oxford, Sheffield and Cambridge. Low-cost coach service, megabus.com, operates between around 60 towns and cities across the UK.
• Stagecoach is a major UK rail operator, running the South West Trains, Island Line and East Midlands Trains networks. It has a 49% shareholding in Virgin Rail Group, which operates the West Coast inter-city rail franchise.
• Stagecoach also operates the Supertram light rail network in Sheffield.
• In North America, Stagecoach operates around 2,900 buses and coaches in the United States and Canada. Megabus.com serves more than 100 cities in North America. Stagecoach is also involved in operating commuter and transit services, contracted bus services, charters, sightseeing tours and a small number of school bus services.