HAMILTON, BERMUDA--(Marketwired - Mar 24, 2014) - HUSQVARNA VIKING, a global leader in the sewing industry, today announced it has expanded two of its most distinguished product lines with the addition of new sewing and embroidery machines: the DESIGNER TOPAZ™ 25 and OPAL™ 690Q. Designed with a host of time-saving features for added convenience, these innovative machines greatly simplify the sewing process, allowing sewers to experience the maximum amount of joy from their hobby.
The new machines arrived as the quilting industry experiences a surge in growth with a recent Quilting in America™ survey indicating the industry has now reached $3.58 billion in value, an increase of 9 percent in three years. At the same time, the decorative apparel sector, which incorporates embroidery, is now an $8 billion industry.
"Today's sewers, whose legions are growing, demand sophisticated machines that can keep up with their ever-evolving abilities and eliminate time-consuming tasks so they can focus on the fun aspects of their craft," said Katrina Helmkamp, CEO of SVP Worldwide, source of the HUSQVARNA VIKING®, SINGER®, and PFAFF® sewing machine brands. "Consumers already know and love the DESIGNER TOPAZ™ and OPAL™ lines, but our newest additions will make it even easier for them to bring their most creative ideas to life at a price within reach."
Building on the success of the well-known DESIGNER TOPAZ™ and OPAL™ lines, these new products herald the arrival of the next exciting phase of sewing, quilting and embroidering advancements from HUSQVARNA VIKING.
The DESIGNER TOPAZ™ 25 sewing and embroidery machine is the most affordable embroidery machine ever offered by HUSQVARNA VIKING, delivering built-in assistance with convenient features like:
- Automatic thread cutter: At the quick touch of a button, this feature instantly cuts the top and bobbin threads underneath fabric or between color changes during embroidery.
- EXCLUSIVE SENSOR SYSTEM™ technology: Continuously sensing fabric thickness, this technology automatically adjusts to ensure perfect, even feeding.
- Largest embroidery area and sewing surface in product class: Generous workspace allows more room for generating larger embroidery designs without re-hooping.
- Top and bobbin thread sensor: Alerts sewers when top thread breaks or bobbin thread is running low.
The DESIGNER TOPAZ™ 25 sewing and embroidery machine joins the existing and award-winning TOPAZ™ line, which includes hallmark products like the DESIGNER TOPAZ™ 20 and DESIGNER TOPAZ™ 30 machines that received the coveted "Best Buy" designation from Consumers Digest magazine in 2013. This special seal of approval also has been awarded to the DESIGNER TOPAZ™ 25 sewing and embroidery machine. According to the publication, products receiving a "Best Buy" rating merit special attention from consumers based on their combination of eight criteria: performance, ease of use, features, quality of construction, warranty, efficiency, styling, and maintenance and service requirements. The TOPAZ™ line also consists of the recently launched DESIGNER TOPAZ™ 50 model.
When it comes to quilting, the OPAL™ 690Q sewing machine is specifically designed with the modern quilter in mind and comes equipped with advanced technologies and user-friendly features including:
- EXCLUSIVE SENSOR SYSTEM™ technology: Automatically senses fabric thickness and adjusts foot pressure for a perfect, even feed every time.
- Start/Stop function: Allows quilters to operate machine without foot pedal for easy, consistent speed and results.
- Automatic thread cutter: One touch instantly cuts the top and bobbin threads, pulling thread tails to the underside of the fabric.
- SEWING ADVISOR™ feature: Instantly sets best stitch type, stitch width and length, thread tension, and sewing speed. The selected stitch is displayed with the recommended presser foot, needle size and type and presser foot pressure for optimal sewing results.
- Bobbin thread sensor: Stops sewing and alerts sewer when the bobbin thread is about to run out.
Both HUSQVARNA VIKING® DESIGNER TOPAZ™ 25 and OPAL™ 690Q sewing and embroidery machines will be sold at local dealers across the country. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of the DESIGNER TOPAZ™ 25 sewing machine is $2,299, and the OPAL™ 690Q sewing machine is $1,499. To find a HUSQVARNA VIKING® store near you, please visit www.husqvarnaviking.com.
ABOUT HUSQVARNA VIKING®
HUSQVARNA VIKING® premium sewing machines have been produced using world-renowned Swedish engineering since 1872 and have been bringing new sewing innovations to the marketplace for 140 years. That tradition of innovation and renowned craftsmanship continues today. HUSQVARNA VIKING® sewing machines help sewers transition to the next skill level by providing sewing enthusiasts with unlimited options that will keep them sewing for a lifetime. The HUSQVARNA VIKING® Opal™ 650 and Opal™ 670 sewing machines and the HUSQVARNA VIKING® Designer Topaz™ 20 and Designer Topaz™ 30 sewing and embroidery machines were recognized as a CONSUMERS DIGEST BEST BUY. The Best Buy Seal and other licensed materials are registered certification marks and trademarks of Consumers Digest Communications, LLC, used under license. Visit www.husqvarnaviking.com for more information on HUSQVARNA VIKING® products and retailers.