MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA --(Marketwired - August 29, 2016) - HyperGrid, the pioneer in creating and delivering the world's first and only HyperConverged Infrastructure-as-a-Service (HCIaaS) solution, today announced that HyperGrid and its innovative HyperConverged Infrastructure Appliance (HCIA), have been named a Strong Performer and one of the emerging market leaders in The Forrester Wave™: Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI), Q3 2016 report. In the report, HyperGrid was ranked extremely high in the major axis categories of strength of current offering and strategic vision, ranking higher on both axis than industry veterans, VMware, HPE, EMC and Cisco.
HyperGrid's position as a Strong Performer in Forrester's assessment of the 12 most significant hyperconverged infrastructure vendors was based on the company's performance across Forrester's 28-criteria evaluation, which included such criteria as hyperconverged functions, high performance, ease of operations, and customer feedback.
In their 28-criteria evaluation of hyperconverged system providers, Forrester grouped these criteria into three high-level categories:
- Current offering, evaluating the capabilities of the current offerings according to a set of criteria.
- Strategy, assessing each vendor's strategic positioning as a factor of several evaluation criteria.
- Market presence, indicating the relative ranking of the vendors in terms of their customer installations and revenues.
Forrester identified the 12 most significant providers of hyperconverged systems that, according to them, "mattered most." The 2016 list included: Atlantis Computing, Cisco, EMC, HyperGrid, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), Huawei, Nutanix, Pivot3, Scale Computing, SimpliVity, Stratoscale, and VMware. They researched, analyzed, and scored them, the final report showing how each provider measured up and helps infrastructure and operations (I&O) professionals make the right choice for their business technology (BT) agenda.
HyperGrid has received significant positive support and feedback from a wide variety of their customers including those representing the legal and manufacturing industries:
- David Flint, Senior Partner, MacRoberts LLP, one of Scotland's leading commercial law firms, stated: "When we came across the HyperGrid solution the immediate reaction was yes, this is a quantum leap in what we're doing -- this will provide the infrastructure advantage which we're looking for within the business."
- "After implementing the HyperGrid solution, we have spent less time managing and more time providing valuable business services. Ultimately, there has been a vast impact with IT being able to provide more services, faster," said John Swanson, Global IT Infrastructure Manager, Altra Industrial Motion. "Our business intelligence group can now deliver updated information on a 'follow-the-sun' model because it takes only minutes, not hours, for the application build. Now our business units have more current and accurate date to work from."
"Hyperconvergence has moved from a concept to a reality, and we are extremely pleased to be ranked by Forrester as a strong performer in this rapidly expanding field," said Lawrence Wong, Chief Customer Officer. "At HyperGrid we are helping drive this adoption as illustrated by the wide variety of global enterprises that are transforming their IT operations with us. It's an incredible time in the hyperconverged market and we are excited to be at the forefront as we continue to gain momentum by expanding our enterprise customer base while delivering the industry's most innovative and ground-breaking solutions."
Twitter EMEA: www.twitter.com/hypergrid_EMEA
HyperGrid delivers IT at the flip of a switch: A revolutionary new concept in HyperConverged Infrastructure, HCI-as-a-Service ("HCIaaS") is the industry's first application aware offering that brings the simplicity and ease-of-use of HCI together with a pay-as-you-consume pricing model that scales elastically. HCIaaS delivers "one-click" automated application deployment and management seamlessly across any cloud or container infrastructure. Enterprises can now enjoy all the benefits of the public cloud at better rates without fear of vendor lock-in. HCIaaS solves the key challenges of DevOps for Enterprises -- allowing for both traditional and cloud-native applications to be containerized, managed and deployed with a single tool, dramatically simplifying IT and bridging the needs of both developers and IT operators. HyperGrid solutions unleash innovation for the Digital Enterprise. HyperGrid is headquartered in Mountain View, CA. and its products and services are available through a global network of channel partners.
© 2016 HyperGrid. All rights reserved.