CHICAGO, IL--(Marketwired - August 18, 2014) - The Midwest Accounting and Finance Showcase, hosted by the Illinois CPA Society on Wednesday, August 27 and Thursday, August 28, is the premier event for business and finance professionals in the Midwest. The Showcase features keynote presentations and educational sessions that range from strategies for confronting regional, national and global business challenges and harnessing the future of technology to updates on healthcare reform, professional standards and fraud.
Located at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois, the two-day event offers accounting and finance professionals the opportunity to gain insights from leading experts and discover innovative solutions to their most pressing challenges. Featured at this year's event are educational tracks tailored to fostering leadership and staff development, corporate finance professionals, a focus on government auditing and a Microsoft Learning Lab. The Showcase is one of the largest finance events in the country with more than 2,000 accounting professionals attending. Industry-leading keynote speakers will share their insights into the complex business environment.
The Showcase also features a free exhibit hall. Open to the public, the attendees have the unique opportunity to explore the latest business and technology products from more than 80 cutting-edge exhibitors. Companies such as ADP, Microsoft, Bank of America/Small Business, CCH, Intuit and Thomson Reuters will be on hand to share new, innovative ways to help businesses succeed.
Finance professionals can create a program of study that best suits their needs with two days of educational sessions offering up to 16 hours of CPE for $300. Attendees can select individual CPE sessions from 10 educational tracks: Accounting & Auditing, Corporate Finance, Leadership and Development, Government, Microsoft Learning Lab, CPE Walking Tour, Intuit Academy, Practice Management, Tax, and Technology. During these sessions noted experts will explore topics such as:
- Top 10 Trends for a Successful Illinois: Looking Forward to 2015 - Theresa E. Mintle, President & CEO, Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce
- State of the CPA Profession - Dan Rahill, CPA, JD, Chairperson, Illinois CPA Society Board of Directors and Partner, FGMK and Todd Shapiro, President & CEO, Illinois CPA Society
- Technology Futures - 2014 - Dana "Rick" Richardson, CPA, CITP, CGMA, Technology Futurist & President, Richardson Media & Technologies, LLC
- How Destructive Cultures and Connections Can Trigger Workplace Fraud - Kelly Richmond Pope, PhD, CPA, Chief Content Officer, Helios Digital Learning
- Develop Yourself, Develop More Business: A Simple Lesson in Leadership Development
- Personal Financial Planning Services: Implementation Models Starting with the Tax Return
- Creating an Inclusive Culture: How to Adapt to Today's Changing Workforce
- Cloud vs. On-Premise - Risks vs. Rewards
- Are You Developing Your Most Important Resource: Your People?
- Navigating the Net Investment Income Tax - A Voyage in Minimizing Your Tax Exposure
- Recognizing and Responding to Fraud Risks in Governmental Organizations
For more information or to register for the Midwest Accounting and Finance Showcase, visit www.icpas.org/show.htm
or call 800.993.0393. For the latest news and updates on the Showcase follow ICPAS on Twitter at @IllinoisCPA and look for hashtag #ICPASShow.
About the Illinois CPA Society
The Illinois CPA Society, with more than 23,000 members, is one of the largest state CPA societies in the nation. For more than a century the Society has advanced the highest ethical and financial standards of the profession, and remains a leader in educating the public on financial issues. The Society focuses on four key initiatives in serving its members and the public: advocacy, information, education and connections.