SOURCE: Imagine Communications
SAN DIEGO, CA--(Marketwire - Dec 10, 2012) - Imagine Communications, a leading innovator in advanced digital video solutions, today announced version 4.2 of the ICE® Video Platform, a significant software update to the widely deployed video processing platform. Although the software update provides new video quality enhancements, the principle feature set of the upgrade is a set of advanced redundancy features that separate the ICE Video Platform from all other video transcoding solutions.
Imagine's ICE Video Platform is a powerful video processing solution providing service providers the ability to deliver an unparalleled viewing experience, while realizing the most efficient network resource utilization. Imagine's technology serves thousands of live streams to more than half of all US digital cable subscribers. Version 4.2 of the ICE Video Platform is now in deployment at several large North American service providers for IPTV, broadcast multiplexing and switched digital video staging.
"At Cogeco we consider it essential to have full source redundancy," said Cogeco's Senior Director of Digital Video Engineering Kevin Cuffling. "With Imagine's 4.2 release, we are able to seamlessly switch to a secondary source should the primary source be lost or even degraded."
"The ICE Video Platform 4.2 is a direct response to the needs of Imagine's Tier 1 customers, enabling them to provide more quality, flexibility and service resiliency to their digital video subscribers," said Imagine Communications' VP, Product and Marketing Chris Gordon. "We are always focused on better video quality, higher system density and unsurpassed stream reliability. With the 4.2 update, we're thrilled to announce enormous gains across all of these dimensions."
Key features and benefits in the ICE Video Platform version 4.2 include:
- Increased Service Resiliency - A complete service resiliency solution that includes not only input source redundancy based on PID loss, service degradation, and continuity count errors, but also provides a full mesh output for ensuring no one physical point of failure within the platform and within the IP routing network moving video services both in and out of the platform.
- Increased Flexibility & Interoperability - Multi-codec and Multiscreen audio and video transcoding, allows service providers to receive content in any format and distribute in any format to any device, over any service delivery network.
- Hardware Reliability and Density - Imagine's ICE Video Platform is available on a carrier-class blade system chassis with proven resiliency systems ensuring the highest degree of system uptime and reliability. The ICE Broadband System is also available on a high-density 1 RU (rack unit) platform capable of delivering up to 16 1080p HD or 32 SD video channels with unmatched power savings and cooling efficiencies.
- Automatic Gain Control for Audio - With dual mode automatic audio loudness leveling, the ICE Video Platform can adjust both quickly to rapid changes in audio level (typical of program or ad insertion) as well as slowly to allow for the dramatic integrity of loud or quiet scenes to be maintained.
- Local Broadcast Channel Multiplexing - Local broadcast channels have special requirements with regard to the PSIP (Program and System Information Protocol) data carried along with the video and audio streams. The ICE Video Platform 4.2 not only offers service providers with a mechanism to maintain support for PSIP data, but additionally provides a unique PID remapping and redundancy solution without the use of any additional equipment or licensing.
About Imagine Communications
Imagine Communications is a leading innovator in digital video solutions, enabling content providers and system operators to deliver bandwidth-intensive services with optimum video quality and Quality of Experience (QoE). Imagine's products serve the digital IPTV and broadcast markets as well as emerging PersonalizedTV® applications such as Multiscreen TV Anywhere, Network PVR (nPVR) and Mobile Video. Imagine is based in San Diego, Calif. with R&D in Israel. Imagine's management team includes industry leaders with decades of experience delivering innovations in video communications. For more information, visit www.imaginecommunications.com.
The Imagine logo, ICE-Q, ICE, ICE Illustrate, Enabling PersonalizedTV and PersonalizedTV are registered trademarks of Imagine Communications, Inc. Other company, product and service names mentioned herein may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.