NATIONAL HARBOR, MD--(Marketwired - Aug 29, 2016) - ILTACON 2016 -- iManage today announced the release of iManage Work 9.4, a ground-up reimagining of its core document and email management solution, that marks the biggest advancement in how professionals will create, collaborate on and govern work product, in decades.
As the leading global provider of Work Product Management software, which spans document and email management, secure file collaboration, knowledge management, information governance, and process automation, iManage is now relied upon by more than 1 million professionals worldwide. iManage Work Product Management is available as a cloud service in the iManage Cloud and as an on-premises installed product.
"In technology, you sometimes have to literally rip up the old playbook and write a new one and that's what we've done," said Dan Carmel, iManage chief marketing officer. "iManage Work 9.4 represents a complete rethinking of our product. We focused entirely on understanding end-user desires and translating that into an experience that is unlike anything in the market today. This is a new user experience for the new professional. iManage Work 9.4 has the simplicity of consumer services like Amazon, and presents the user with powerful new views and analytics about their information that saves time, alerts users to important changes easily and streamlines getting work done -- all delivered with enterprise security, governance, and scalability on a modern, web-scale platform."
"User adoption is one of the biggest factors contributing to the success of productivity initiatives that we undertake," said David Cunningham, CIO Winston and Strawn. "We have worked closely with iManage over the last few months, and believe that the functionality and user experience in iManage Work will dramatically improve our professionals' productivity and support our objective to engage our clients directly in everything we do."
Key aspects of iManage Work 9.4 include:
- Designed by Users. Development of the new user experience started with over 100 hours of user focus groups, watching professionals work with the existing system. This rich intelligence directly guided the development of the product's next-generation user experience.
- Responsive Interface. iManage Work 9.4 has been designed with a responsive interface so users have the same experience, whether on a phone, tablet, or desktop -- so they only have to learn it once.
- Easy to Use. iManage Work 9.4 takes a cue from user-friendly consumer interfaces like Amazon by putting search front and center. Filters enable users to quickly sort results so they get to what they want without complex queries.
- Smart. Based on user feedback and focus group insights, iManage Work 9.4 introduces analytics that help the software anticipate user needs and wants -- and provide the user with new insights and useful information not previously available in collaborative content repositories.
- Personalized search uses knowledge of each user's working habits to produce more meaningful search results. To the user, search just seems smarter and better.
- A home page dashboard provides each professional a snapshot of all documents and emails that have been added or changed across all projects they are working on, providing multi-tasking professionals with a perspective not previously available in any system of this type. Content that has been edited by others is automatically flagged so users don't have to "fish" for what's changed -- they see it in seconds. These are just a few examples of new insights and frustration busters that exist throughout the software.
- Enhanced document preview loads quickly on mobile devices, and even anticipates what page a user wants to see based on past actions.
- iManage Work 9.4 is the first system in this market to be designed for zero training. The system tracks user actions and builds custom help topics for each user. Help is available in mobile, tablet and desktop views so users are never left on their own. Short video clips can be added to help topics for more guidance. Today's professional doesn't want to sit through classroom training to get started, and iManage Work 9.4 responds with an easy to understand interface and contextual help when they need it.
- Tuned for Today's Information Volumes. iManage Work 9.4 is optimized for users who deal with larger files and high information and communications volumes. Emails may be managed by conversation threads, keeping like communications together. Smart preview downloads the specific pages requested, so users do not have to wait for large documents to download before being able to view them.
- Modern, Flexible. iManage Work 9.4 has been designed from the ground up for superior cloud performance and extensibility. At the same time, this next-generation user interface operates with the proven iManage server, so professionals within each organization have a choice of interface and change is not forced on users.
Initial feedback from early iManage Work 9.4 customers has been enthusiastic, with many citing the user-driven approach and the numerous smart features as standout elements.
"We see a lot of software, and we expect our professionals to work with a lot of software," said Bill Finner, director of networking infrastructure at Jackson-Walker LLP. "The fact that iManage has taken the time to actually ask professionals about their needs and study how they work puts them in a unique position: they actually have the insight necessary to deliver on a new user experience that will make professionals more productive. I'm particularly impressed by the different ways that iManage Work 9.4 adds value to the information it is managing, giving the users updates or insights into what's happening with their information. That's a smarter way to work."
For more information about iManage Work 9.4, including purchase and availability information, visit the iManage website.
iManage is the leading provider of work product management solutions for legal, accounting and financial services firms and the corporate departments they serve worldwide. Every day iManage helps professionals streamline the creation, sharing, governance and security of their work product. Over 3,000 organizations around the world -- including more than 1,800 law firms -- rely on iManage to help them deliver great client work. Headquartered in Chicago, iManage is a management-owned company.