NANUET, NY--(Marketwire - Dec 6, 2012) - iMedicor (OTCBB: VMCI) today said its Social Health Information Exchange (SocialHIE) Version 3.0, which is scheduled to launch in January, will feature heretofore unparalleled levels of encryption and interoperability.
As a result, Version 3.0 will become the first HIE to allow doctors and other healthcare professionals and facilities to communicate securely with each other whether they are inside or outside iMedicor's HIPAA-compliant network. iMedicor SocialHIE also supports adherence to Meaningful Use -- as defined by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) -- that establishes the standards for the use of electronic health records (EHRs) and allows eligible providers to earn Federal Incentive Funds.
iMedicor SocialHIE 3.0 also offers numerous benefits to the nation's healthcare community and has three levels of participation:
- Level One, which is free to licensed physicians and other healthcare professionals, allows secure point-to-point messaging within the portal, as well as access to the most extensive peer-reviewed CME catalog on the Internet with CME programs produced by the top medical schools, medical societies, pharmas and the U.S. Military.
- Level Two, available for a subscription fee of $35.00/month per provider, will expand on Level One services to include secure point-to-multipoint communications, thereby facilitating the ability to create a practice, build a community of peers and referrals, and join or create collaborative workgroups or blogs. Communities can be extended to specialists, general practitioners, hospital departments, imaging centers, labs, insurance companies, clearinghouses or any healthcare facility or individual.
- Level Three, for an additional $35.00/month per provider ($70.00 total), will also provide a NHIN Direct secure email account, with unlimited use, to enable secure communication outside of the network and between any EHR system, Practice Management System or Hospital Information System, regardless of the format used by the individual end point.
"Recently," said iMedicor CEO Fred Zolla, "the Secretary of Health and Human Services received communications from prominent members of Congress indicating that Meaningful Use incentives should be suspended or eliminated due to the lack of a technology platform that would address Interoperability across various Electronic Health Records and Hospital Information Systems. The fact is, the technology does exist. iMedicor SocialHIE provides the comprehensive solution to this problem."
Mr. Zolla noted that in addition to true Interoperability, iMedicor SocialHIE offers an updated user-friendly design that functions much like other social media services, and its flexible deployment features can be customized to enhance the most technically challenged medical or dental practices. "We now have the missing link to making the paper-to-digital transition in healthcare relevant to day-to-day clinical workflow. And because iMedicor SocialHIE 3.0 will be launched as part of major programs sponsored by large healthcare organizations, we expect to make major contributions to furthering secure healthcare communications in 2013 and beyond."
iMedicor (http://www.imedicor.com/) is a provider of comprehensive healthcare communications solutions that enable physicians and other healthcare professionals to optimize the use of technology in managing their practices and participating in the federally-mandated transition from paper to Electronic Health Records (EHRs). Through two primary services, iMedicor offers low-cost, easy-to-adopt solutions that can be tailored to the needs of individual practices or larger organizations:
- SocialHIE, the first information exchange platform to offer secure messaging services within a social/professional networking architecture. SocialHIE enables any physician, clinic or hospital to transmit and share information such as patient data, test results and images within a secure, HIPAA-compliant environment - and even between disparate EHR systems. SocialHIE also offers additional advantages such as community development, the ability to create private healthcare information exchange networks with patient specific information, and access to a vast catalog of accredited continuing medical education (CME) programs.
- Meaningful Use Consulting Services. iMedicor is qualified to assist both primary care and specialist practices with EHR adoption and to help them attain Meaningful Use and receive incentive payments from the Federal Government for their compliance.
For investor information, please go to http://www.ir-site.com/imedicor/default.asp.
This press release contains certain statements that are forward-looking within the meaning of Section 27a of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and that involve risks and uncertainties.