SOURCE: Centsable Accounting

March 04, 2009 12:35 ET

In Tough 2009 Economy, Taxpayers Claim Refunds for 2005 Tax Year as Deadline Quickly Approaches

BILLINGS, MT--(Marketwire - March 4, 2009) - Local Tax Resolution Specialist, Centsable Accounting -- -- would like to remind U.S. residents that Wednesday, April 15, 2009 is the last day to file 2005 income tax returns to claim a refund. If the return is not filed by April 15, 2009, the right to claim a refund is lost.

Centsable Accounting would like to get the word out that filing old returns for a refund is a great way to get a little bit of extra money that might be sorely needed and it is money already earned.

"The average refund the IRS gave out last year was $2,429," says Becky Schmitz, Enrolled Agent and Owner of the tax problem resolution firm, Centsable Accounting, Inc. "With the economy the way it is, many people are seeking financial relief and what's better than receiving money actually owed to you?"

Individuals that had low wages and did not file may also qualify for the Earned Income Credit. The ability to receive a refund on that credit also expires on Wednesday, April 15.

Becky Schmitz is an experienced tax problem resolution specialist. She is a speaker for the American Society of IRS Problem Solvers, teaching other tax practitioners how to resolve client tax problems, and provides an informative, practical informative interview on tax resolution. She will tell your audience:

--  How to file their income tax return to ensure they receive their
--  Why the "ostrich effect" does not work for tax problem resolution.
--  The biggest mistake individuals make by not filing their tax returns.
--  How taxpayers can effectively find solutions to their tax problems.
--  Why low income taxpayers still need to file their income tax returns.
--  Why self-employed individuals need to file their income tax returns.

Becky Schmitz, EA, CTRS is the owner of Centsable Accounting, Inc., The Tax Problem Solvers. Her firm specializes in helping people solve their tax problems and file past year tax returns --