SOURCE: Infonetics Research

Infonetics Research - new logo

September 17, 2014 15:51 ET

Infonetics: Growth in security SaaS and virtual appliances buoys content security gateway market

CAMPBELL, CA--(Marketwired - September 17, 2014) - Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2nd quarter (2Q14) Content Security Gateway Appliances, Software, and SaaS market share and forecast report, which tracks gateway software, gateway appliances, and SaaS (software-as-a-service).

SECURITY ANALYST NOTE
"The content security gateway product market is trending flat to down long term, but this spending decrease is being offset by increased investments in SaaS (software-as-a-service), virtual appliances and, eventually, advanced malware protection solutions," notes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research.

2Q14 CONTENT SECURITY MARKET HIGHLIGHTS

  • Worldwide content security gateway appliance and software revenue is up 2% between 1Q14 and 2Q14, reaching $695 million; revenue is up 4% year-over-year as well
  • In 2Q14, 65% of content security gateway revenue was from appliances, and the remaining 35% came from software
  • SaaS (software-as-a-service) revenue for content security gateways is up 11% from the previous quarter and up 32% from a year ago, and is forecast by Infonetics to grow to $1.3 billion in 2018
  • The leading vendors in the overall content security gateway market based on worldwide revenue share in 2Q14 are, in alphabetical order, Blue Coat, Cisco, McAfee, Symantec, and Websense

SECURITY ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL
Clients, log in to view on-demand Jeff Wilson's quarterly content security market recap and outlook: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=898.

CONTENT SECURITY REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics' quarterly content security report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for content security gateway software (messaging, web/malware), gateway appliances (messaging, web/malware, integrated), and SaaS (messaging, web/malware). Vendors tracked: Barracuda, Blue Coat, Cisco, Citrix, McAfee, Microsoft, Proofpoint, SonicWall, Symantec, Trend Micro, Websense, others. To buy report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.

RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS

RECENT AND UPCOMING SECURITY RESEARCH
Download Infonetics' 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at www.infonetics.com/login.

INFONETICS WEBINARS
Visit www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on-demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.

  • Respond Faster to Security Threats and Breaches (View on-demand)
  • Practical Strategies for Fighting Advanced Malware and Threats (Sponsor)
  • Using Next-Gen Security Appliances to Consolidate Security Strategies (Sponsor)

INFONETICS IS HIRING
Infonetics Research is hiring analysts. See our job openings here.

TO INQUIRE ABOUT RESEARCH, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific:
Larry Howard larry@infonetics.com +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East, Midwest), Lat. America: Scott Coyne scott@infonetics.com +1 408-583-3395
Europe, Middle East, Africa, India: Iyassu Soquar iyassu@infonetics.com +1 408-583-3397
Greater China, S.E. Asia: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song jeffrey@infonetics.com +86 21-3919-8505
Japan 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics takashi.kimura@takanalytics.com +81 3-6408-5566
South Korea 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP dougm@mbap.co.kr +82 2-3453-9400

ABOUT INFONETICS
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics' About Us slides here.

Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2014/9/17/11G022026/Images/2014-Infonetics-2Q14-Content-Security-Gateway-Apps-700717280817.jpg

Contact Information

  • PRESS CONTACT:
    Jeff Wilson 
    Principal Analyst, Security
    Infonetics Research
    +1-408-583-3337
    Email contact
    Twitter: @securityjeff