SOURCE: Infonetics Research
CAMPBELL, CA--(Marketwired - July 22, 2014) - Market research firm Infonetics Research released data from its 2014 Telecom and Datacom Network Equipment and Software report, which provides a big picture of the health of the overall market, excluding consumer electronics.
"Despite the fact that enterprises and service providers are in the middle of massive network upheavals due to the evolution of software-defined networking (SDN) and network functions virtualization (NFV) technology, the telecom and datacom networking equipment and software market is on track to grow annually through 2018 with the fastest growth coming in 2015," notes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst at Infonetics Research.
Michael Howard, co-founder of Infonetics and co-author of the report, adds, "Looking at just the service provider equipment space (excluding services and consumer electronics like handsets), we're seeing a shakeup in vendor market share, with Huawei leapfrogging longtime number-one Ericsson
to take the top spot in 2013. While Huawei's been doing well in a number of regions, China's economy is a key factor keeping Huawei's growth so strong."
TOTAL TELECOM AND DATACOM MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Based on global revenue, the overall telecom and datacom network equipment and software market share leaders are, in rank order: Cisco, Huawei, Ericsson, Alcatel-Lucent, and ZTE -- the same top 5 vendors with virtually the same shares as the year prior
- Vendor share positions held steady in the enterprise segment, with Cisco in the driver's seat and followed distantly by tightly bunched Avaya, Brocade, HP, and Juniper
(listed in alphabetical order)
- Worldwide, sales of telecom and datacom equipment and software came to $183 billion in 2013, an uptick of 3% versus the previous year
- Asia Pacific put some breathing room between itself and North America in the regional race for telecom/datacom equipment and software revenue, growing 6% year-over-year as compared to North America's 4.5%; this trend is expected to continue through at least 2018
- Infonetics is projecting a cumulative $1.01 trillion will be spent by service providers and enterprises on telecom/datacom gear and software over the 5 years from 2014 to 2018
INFONETICS IS HIRING
Infonetics Research is hiring analysts, account directors, research, and audience development people. See job postings at www.infonetics.com/jobopp.asp.
ABOUT THE REPORT
Infonetics' annual datacom and telecom equipment and software pivot report compiles worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, and forecasts through 2018 from all of its reports that track enterprise and service provider gear. It is the majority of all data networking and telecom equipment for service providers, cable companies, and small, medium, and large organizations, excluding consumer electronics.
The 11 major categories of equipment and software tracked in Infonetics' report include broadband aggregation; broadband CPE; pay TV; optical network hardware; carrier routing, switching, and Ethernet; service provider VoIP and IMS; service provider mobile/wireless infrastructure; service enablement and subscriber intelligence; security; enterprise and data center networks; and enterprise communications. Companies tracked include Alcatel-Lucent, Avaya, Brocade, Ciena, Cisco, Ericsson, Fujitsu, HP, Huawei, Juniper, Motorola, NEC, Nokia, Samsung, Siemens, ZTE,
and many others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
Download Infonetics' 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on-demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Coherent Optics: Cheaper, Better, Faster (July 24: Attend)
- Respond Faster to Security Events and Breaches (July 29: Attend)
- Shifting to the Cloud: Managing Next-Generation WLANs (View on-demand)
- NFV: An Easier Initial Target Than SDN? (View on-demand)
- Delivering Gigabit Broadband: A Primer (View on-demand) -- Includes FREE REPORT
- Unlocking Revenues with Carrier Ethernet 2.0 Wholesale Ethernet Access (View on-demand)
- NFV: The Nitty Gritty (View on-demand)
- New DNS-based DDoS Attacks Demand Advanced Mitigation Tools (View on-demand)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard firstname.lastname@example.org +1 408-583-3335
N.A. (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne email@example.com +1 408-583-3395
Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song firstname.lastname@example.org +86 21-3919-8505
Japan 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics email@example.com +81 3-6408-5566
South Korea 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP firstname.lastname@example.org +82 2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics' About Us slides.
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2014/7/22/11G018798/Images/2014-Infonetics-Telecom-Datacom-Ntwk-Eqpmt-SW-Mkt--994284939708.jpg