SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 1, 2011) - Salesforce.com Dreamforce Conference -- Infor, a leading provider of business application software with operations serving more than 75,000 customers, and salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing company, today announced that Infor will deliver three applications, built on Force.com, salesforce.com's social enterprise platform. The three new InForce applications will bring the power of the back office to the front office, and throughout the social enterprise -- helping customers collaborate and drive growth. Additionally, salesforce.com made an investment in Infor as part of the agreement.
Through the partnership, Infor will build and deliver InForce Everywhere, a native Force.com application that brings ERP data into Salesforce; InForce Order Management, a quote, order and proposal management application; and InForce Marketing, which will leverage Infor CRM Epiphany, a leader in recommendation engines, for global marketing automation technology -- all on Force.com. Infor will also develop additional applications on Force.com.
Comments on the News
- "Sales professionals in Infor's large manufacturing customer base need fast and easy access to the critical product and order data in our applications, and we will render that rich data in Salesforce," said Charles Phillips, CEO of Infor. "This partnership will help customers focus on building and selling great products instead of configuring databases, middleware, BI tools, or disk drives. Our customers need to automate processes in hours and days, not months and years, and skip the classic 3-by-3 ERP project -- 3 years, 300 million, and 3 CIOs. They need results faster."
- "Companies transforming themselves into social enterprises want new ways to run their business," said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. "Infor joins salesforce.com in recognizing these transformations must span across the entire company."
Available later this calendar year, InForce Everywhere will offer:
- A 360-degree view of invoice, contacts, quotes, shipments, receivables, orders, and RMAs (return merchandise authorizations) across the enterprise.
- A way for Salesforce users to view orders from Infor ERP applications.
- Access to customer information and transactions from the Salesforce Sales Cloud and Service Cloud using InForce Everywhere.
- Connection to ION, Infor's standard integration platform.
- Salesforce Chatter, which will make all of this data social to more effectively and quickly engage with customers through features like social profiles, status updates and real-time feeds.
- Infor's 700+ sales people and more than 800 channel partners the ability to resell bundled Salesforce CRM into more than 75,000 customers.
InForce Order Management will:
- Deliver a comprehensive quote, order and proposal management application built on Force.com.
- Integrate with Salesforce CRM to give Sales and Service Cloud users a clear and accurate view of pricing and availability.
InForce Marketing will:
- Offer a comprehensive global marketing automation system built on Force.com.
- Include inbound and outbound campaign management and lead maturation integrated with the Infor CRM Epiphany recommendation engine.
Infor is a leading provider of business software and services, with operations helping more than 75,000 customers in 164 countries improve operations and drive growth. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
With more than 100,000 customers, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading the shift to the social enterprise. Social enterprises leverage social, mobile and open cloud technologies to put customers at the heart of their business. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and application services include:
- Salesforce Chatter, a secure, private social network for your business
- Salesforce Sales Cloud, for sales force automation and contact management
- Salesforce Service Cloud, for customer service and support solutions
- Salesforce Radian6, for social media monitoring and engagement
- Salesforce Data.com, for the most complete source of accurate business data
- AppExchange, the leading marketplace for enterprise cloud computing applications
- Force.com, for custom application development
- Heroku, for building social and mobile customer apps
- Database.com, the world's first enterprise cloud database
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should," "will," and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor's product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement.
©2011 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce.com, Salesforce, Chatter, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Radian6, Jigsaw, AppExchange, Force.com, Heroku, and all associated logos are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. in the United States and other countries. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.