SOURCE: Infor Global Solutions
March 31, 2011 11:18 ET
Infor Revolutionizes the Enterprise User Experience With New Consumer Grade Interface
Infor Workspace Improves Decision Making and Unites Context-Aware, Real-Time Tools With Enterprise Applications
ATLANTA, GA--(Marketwire - March 31, 2011) - Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving over 70,000 customers, today announced Infor Workspace, a new consumer grade user interface designed to revolutionize the experience of doing business using enterprise applications. Built on Microsoft SharePoint and significant R&D investment, Infor Workspace delivers the next generation user experience by blending a common user interface, in-context collaboration and business intelligence. The role-based user experience allows users to access business functions with proactive, real-time decision making using a common look-and-feel.
- Fusing industry processes, analytics and enterprise applications, Infor Workspace provides a consumer grade user experience with single sign-on, common look-and-feel, and seamless navigation across multiple applications deployed either on-premise or in the cloud.
- Infor Workspace is simple to use and easy to understand, designed to enable end-users to learn, ask, suggest, share and experience -- all in ways previously unavailable for enterprise applications.
- Infor Workspace provides real-time in-context business intelligence for faster more accurate decision making.
- Infor Workspace is the first tool that allows applications to coexist and bring in outside information including KPIs, dynamic alerts and other tools targeting key functions within the application for the user. Such tools include:
- Mapping tools that provide visibility into locations of goods, inventories, assets and supply chain networks.
- Currency and time conversion that provides critical information for companies operating in today's global business environment.
- Because the tools are context aware, they will automatically anticipate and adapt to user needs and interests based on the users' role and the business function they are performing at a given moment.
- With Infor Workspace, users can proactively manage business challenges with automatic alert management tools that monitor the status of tasks in relation to promised completion or established service level agreements and alert users to exceptions.
- Infor Workspace is currently available for Infor ERP LN, Infor ERP SyteLine, Infor EAM, Infor FMS SunSystems, and Infor Expense Management, and is expected to be rolled out as the standard interface for additional browser-based Infor applications over time.
Brewster Dairy Quote
"Sifting through multiple applications for data greatly hindered the ability of our staff to work on what matters," said Dale Brittan, CIO, Brewster Dairy. "Infor Workspace greatly improves productivity by unifying all relevant information by job function into a single interface and alerting users to take immediate action on any unexpected variations to their standard processes."
"While there have been consistent interface advancements since business applications were first introduced, Infor Workspace is a completely new approach. It's a step function advancement, designed to revolutionize the way users work with software and each other," said Soma Somasundaram, senior vice president, Global Product Development, Infor. "No longer will business and social tools be separate. Infor Workspace seamlessly melds them together, making it as easy to interact with co-workers around the world as it is to use the application itself. We call it socializing the enterprise, and believe this kind of new user experience will not only result in dramatically improved employee satisfaction, it will also produce clear, measureable improvements in productivity, performance and return on investment."
Infor is a leading provider of business software and services, helping 70,000 customers in 125 countries improve operations and drive growth. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should," "will," and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor's product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement.