SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - October 26, 2016) - Today, RocketSpace and Kaleido announced new corporate partners and a call for startup applications for the second cohort of its Logistics Tech Accelerator. Selected logistics industry startups will join the program's diverse group of corporate partners: Ingram Micro, Fiege, Lufthansa Cargo, MAN Trucking and founding member Kaleido, along with RocketSpace and an esteemed list of program mentors. In this first of its kind logistics-focused accelerator, startups and leading corporations are brought together to fuel cross-industry partnerships and work hand-in-hand through a dedicated pilot program.
Led by RocketSpace, who is known for accelerating the growth of tech startups, the program focuses on incorporating startups that align with smart technology trends that will disrupt the logistics industry, from warehouse to transport to trade, including robotics, drones, IoT, autonomous vehicles and blockchain technology. Unlike traditional accelerators, participating startups are not required to give up equity, but are required to have at least one round of funding and a product in market or ready to launch. These requirements help speed up the path toward real business value through pilot testing and potential partnerships with corporate partners.
"Being connected with multiple industry corporations gave us a unique first-hand view into how they want to innovate," said Alex Lisitzky, founder and CEO of SLiCK, who recently raised 1.5 million euros to fuel international growth and expand its product offering. "This insight was extremely valuable because it's immediately something we could take action on. As a startup, this access along with a specific focus on a real pilot program were key to our team completing the program with tangible results and future opportunities already lined up."
The program's unique group of corporate partners represent the industry's diverse international leadership and sectors:
- Kaleido -- The Logistics Tech Accelerator's founding corporate member is a global logistics company with a smart R&D point of view. Kaleido's approach is very result-oriented, combining: deep industry knowledge and company and clients' needs, in order to develop real-life pilots as the best way to bridge the gap between startups and the broader market.
- Fiege -- Fiege is a global logistics provider and always looking for innovative ideas, anything from drones to driverless vehicles to completely transparent, digitized storage. Fiege has warehouses in 15 countries in Europe and Asia for market leaders. Fiege is lead with entrepreneurial spirit, always questioning how to make it better. Over 10,000 employees all over the world generate 1.4 billion euros in revenue.
- Ingram Micro -- Ingram Micro Commerce & Fulfillment Solutions offers an unrivaled global infrastructure to propel the global growth of brands and retailers. Powered by its award-winning Shipwire Platform and the scale of Ingram Micro's 154 distribution centers in 45 countries, the company provides B2B and B2C global fulfillment and commerce solutions. With access to the unique growth opportunities of the world's largest tech distributor and a network of more than 200,000 resellers, Ingram Micro Commerce & Fulfillment offers enterprise solutions for the future of global commerce.
- Lufthansa Cargo -- Lufthansa Cargo ranks among the world's leading air freight carriers, serving around 300 destinations in more than 100 countries with its own fleet of freighters, the belly capacities of passenger aircraft operated by Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines and Eurowings, and an extensive road feeder service network. In the 2015 business year, the airline transported around 1.6 million tonnes of freight and mail and sold 8.4 billion revenue tonne-kilometres. Lufthansa Cargo focuses on the airport-to-airport business, however recently has added its first door-to-door product for private customers called myAirCargo.
- MAN Trucking -- RIO is the new brand within the Volkswagen Truck and Bus Group representing an unprecedented technology which will revolutionize the transport and logistics ecosystem. Being an open, manufacturer-independent business and technology platform RIO provides individual and uniquely intuitive services for each stakeholder within the logistics supply chain. Their goal is to establish new standards for the information flow within logistic processes and thereby lift the industry up to the next level of digitization.
"I'm happy that RIO has the chance to be part of the second cohort of the Logistics Tech Accelerator led by RocketSpace and Kaleido," said Markus Lipinsky, Chief Digital Officer at MAN Truck & Bus AG and CEO of RIO. "From the cooperation with startups, we expect fresh technologies, more agile spirit and simply fun at work! Sure, we also see a potential in discovering new talents to work with in the future. On top of all these opportunities, I personally consider the accelerator not only as a platform to bring startups together with established companies, but also to stimulate and foster the cooperation within the latter."
The program is open for startup applications through November 16, 2016. The cohort will kick off in January with a tailored four-week virtual curriculum focused on sharing the unique business strategies of each participating corporation. Virtual workshops will also take place during this time, with participation of expert mentors in areas such as fundraising, marketing, sales and product, and wrap up with a final demo day in May 2017. Interested startups and corporations can learn more about qualifications and apply to the Logistics Tech Accelerator here: www.logisticstechaccelerator.com.
RocketSpace is a technology campus headquartered in the heart of San Francisco. Since 2011, the company has been helping tech entrepreneurs, startups and corporate innovation professionals bring the future to market. The company offers services to its members including programming, consulting, events, and office-as-a-service, which together create the perfect ecosystem and community for innovation to thrive. Select startup alumni include Uber, Spotify, Practice Fusion, and Leap Motion, and RocketSpace's roster of Corporate Innovation Services clients include Schneider Electric, Converse, Tata Communications, Royal Bank of Scotland, Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, JetBlue and AT&T. For more information, visit www.rocketspace.com.
Embedded Video Available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID0H3sHDW2w