SOURCE: Ingram Micro Inc.
SANTA ANA, CA--(Marketwired - May 23, 2013) - Ingram Micro Inc. (NYSE: IM), the world's largest wholesale technology distributor and a global leader in IT supply-chain, mobile device lifecycle services and logistics solutions, today announced that it raised $120,000 at its 20th Annual West Coast Charity Golf Tournament, bringing the total amount raised over the past 20 years to more than $1.3 million, supporting more than 50 non-profit organizations. The tournament was held Saturday, May 18, at the Tustin Ranch Golf Course in Tustin, Calif.
"We began our popular charity golf tournament in 1993 as a way to raise money and continue Ingram Micro's tradition of giving back to our local community," said Paul Bay, president, Ingram Micro North America. "Once again, our associates and generous partners stepped up to support these important charities that do so much for our veterans and community. I'm proud to be part of such a great organization."
With the help of partners and sponsors, the tournament provided six charities with donations of $20,000 each:
- Down Syndrome Society - Provides the means necessary to empower individuals with Down syndrome to reach their full potential.
- National Alliance of the Mentally Ill - The nation's largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
- Ronald McDonald House - To provide a "home away from home" for families with critically ill or injured children undergoing treatment at any Orange County area hospital.
- Sergeants Major Association of California - Improving the status and image of the National Guard and promoting the well-being, welfare and qualifications of the enlisted members of the National Guard.
- Together We Rise - To improve the lives of foster children in America, who often find themselves forgotten and neglected by the public.
- Women Helping Women - Provides comprehensive employment support services to empower disadvantaged men, women and teens in reaching economic self-sufficiency.
This year's tournament drew 144 golfers, including Ingram Micro executives, associates and family members, customers and vendor partners. In addition, for those non-golfers who still wanted to show their support, Ingram Micro held its third annual helicopter drop where non-golfers could purchase golf balls and take a chance at having their ball make it into the hole to win a prize. As golfers and guests enjoyed lunch and the awards ceremony following the tournament, a silent auction was also held.
The charity event was sponsored by many of Ingram Micro's strategic vendors and manufacturer representatives, including Ergotron, HP, Intel, Microsoft OEM, Sprint, Cisco, L&T Infotech, Nexus - EMC, Tibco and Targus. For more information about Ingram Micro's Community Relations activities, visit the Corporate Social Responsibility page of our company's website.
To learn, see and hear more about Ingram Micro online, follow the company on Facebook at www.facebook.com/IngramMicro; Twitter at www.twitter.com/IngramMicroInc; and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/ingrammicroinc.
About Ingram Micro Inc.
Ingram Micro is the world's largest wholesale technology distributor and a global leader in IT supply-chain, mobile device lifecycle services and logistics solutions. As a vital link in the technology value chain, Ingram Micro creates sales and profitability opportunities for vendors and resellers through unique marketing programs, outsourced logistics and mobile solutions, technical support, financial services and product aggregation and distribution. The company is the only global broad-based IT distributor, serving approximately 160 countries on six continents with the world's most comprehensive portfolio of IT products and services. Visit www.ingrammicro.com.
2013 Ingram Micro Inc. All rights reserved. Ingram Micro and the registered Ingram Micro logo are trademarks used under license by Ingram Micro Inc.