SAN RAFAEL, CA--(Marketwired - April 17, 2013) - SafetyChain Software, the leader in Food Safety Chain Management solutions that help ensure food safety and quality compliance for regulatory, 3rd party and customer requirements -- while also creating operational efficiencies that save time and money -- is very pleased to announce that Initiative Foods, a leading provider of premium organic and conventional baby foods for "own brand" food retailers, has selected SafetyChain for Food™ as the foundation of its food safety and quality assurance (FSQA) automation initiatives.
Key business drivers for Initiative Foods include the ability to:
- Eliminate the "forklifts full of paperwork" and manual processes associated with FSQA programs -- reducing the chance of errors and increasing accuracy
- Automate the tasks and paperwork associated with its HACCP plans
- Respond in realtime to inquiries from FDA, USDA and customers
- Have on-demand access to all of the documents and data required for its GFSI BRC audits
- Analyze FSQA test results in realtime -- with automated alerts when exceptions to specifications are detected
- Create a central repository for anywhere, anytime access to up-to-date and historical FSQA data
- Re-focus FSQA staff on "analyzing vs. entering" FSQA data
Initiative Foods chose SafetyChain for Food because its:
- Comprehensive FSQA module functionality aligned very well with Initiative's business drivers
- Flexible, configurable forms and specifications
- Cost effective, cloud-based architecture allows information to be entered and accessed onsite and remotely
- Dashboards and reporting capabilities allow for easy performance trending and analysis
- Cost-effective pricing model provided the functionality it needed without the time and expense associated with customized solutions
- Teams are knowledgeable, professional and responsive
"At Initiative Foods, we are committed to making the very best baby food, and offering it at the best value, of any baby food available for our customers. A key to achieving this mission is embracing technology to help ensure the highest standards of safety and quality while operating in the most efficient and effective manner possible. We were impressed with both the SafetyChain solution and team, and are very pleased to be partnering with them for our FSQA automation initiatives," said John Ypma, Initiative Foods' President.
"SafetyChain for Food is designed to help our customers prevent food safety and quality events by automating the processes that help promote compliance while, at the same time, creating a return on investment. We're very excited to work with the forward-thinking team at Initiative Foods to help them achieve their vision of leveraging technology to continue to deliver world-class quality and safety while creating operational efficiencies to continue to offer their products at the best value in the industry," said Wally Smith, President and CEO of SafetyChain.
About SafetyChain Software
SafetyChain Software's SafetyChain for Food™ helps the food and beverage industry manage safety and quality compliance in realtime -- preventing non-compliant ingredients, raw materials and finished product from coming in or going out. With SafetyChain for Food's affordable solution modules -- for Supplier Compliance and Management, Safety and Quality Data Reporting, HACCP / GFSI Compliance and Customer & Finished Product Compliance -- food growers, producers, manufacturers, distributors, retailers, food services and importers save time, save money and create efficiencies that contribute to the bottom line. SafetyChain for Food is a global, Software-as-a-Service solution, designed for fast deployment and even faster ROI. www.safetychain.com
About Initiative Foods
Located in the Central Valley of California, we have access to some of the most fertile ground in the world and the most diverse and abundant crops in the US. We grew up organic and have been making Organic Baby Food for over 15 years. We have a strong team that is dedicated to quality and service.
Our mission is to make the very best baby food, and offer it at the best value of any baby food available for our 'Own Brand' customers. Whether we're making applesauce or bananas, sweet potatoes or squash, we want babies and moms to trust that they are getting the very best. We offer a full line of recipes for the youngest infants up through the growing baby. We have over 50 recipes based on customers' needs and offer packaging design and marketing support to make our customers' baby food programs a success. www.initiativefoods.com
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2013/4/16/11G004506/Images/Initiative_Foods-bc09c6de-dc34-4b4d-9ce4-81b25957e725.jpg