TORONTO--(Marketwire - Jun 21, 2011) -
- Easy Real-Time Cloud Cost Monitoring:Concrete real-time cloud cost dashboards provide complete views of actual cloud costs.
- Clear Cloud Cost Budgeting and Planning: Predict future cloud costs and receive automated cost-saving recommendations to get optimized and in control of cloud deployments and experiments.
- Right-Size Cloud Deployment:Ensure performance and cost savings by optimizing cloud capacity and spend together.
uptime software, Inc., a leader in IT systems management, performance and availability software for midmarket and enterprise organizations, today released its newest product, uptimeCloud, offering the first real-time, integrated cloud cost monitoring and cloud capacity management software as a service (SaaS) tool. uptimeCloud eliminates confusing and complex cloud vendor pricing by delivering users visibility into how much cloud computing is costing in real-time, across applications, services, line-of-business (LOB), user location and instance.
In the past, the success of applications and services in cloud, virtual and physical environments have been only two dimensional -- availability and performance. However, performance and availability are now commodities in cloud computing, where as the cost of cloud computing is the key differentiator and will be the essential factor that influences what, when and where IT organizations deploy. With the release of uptimeCloud, IT departments can now easily add cloud cost to the equation, including the cost of an application, service or workload in the cloud, without messy spreadsheets or "guesstimated" pricing.
"It has become crucial for all sizes of companies to tie cloud success to cost as well as overall system performance," said Phil Didaskalou, CEO of uptime software. "Cloud computing can help make organizations more efficient. However, without a clear and detailed view into the cost of cloud deployments, it can be very difficult for IT to justify new cloud initiatives. Today marks a new era where cloud cost becomes clearly visible to large, mid-size and small companies alike, whether they are heavy users of cloud, or just starting out. uptimeCloud is now considered by many industry experts as a 'must have' cloud costing tool for IT departments."
With uptimeCloud, uptime software introduces the idea of "economic cloud intelligence," providing dashboards to easily monitor and measure the cost of cloud deployments in real-time, predict future cloud costs based on real workloads, provide automated cloud cost saving recommendations for cloud deployments and help IT departments ensure cloud deployments are perfectly fitted to capacity needs. uptimeCloud provides IT with a complete toolset for ensuring cloud deployments are both visible in real-time from a cost perspective and achieving the greatest cost savings at the right level of performance.
"One of the bigger issues companies have with cloud computing is the concern about losing control of their cloud workloads and facing large bills," said Dan Kusnetzky, analyst and founder of the Kusnetzky Group. "uptime software has developed technology that directly addresses and resolves this issue by making it possible for companies to know on a moment by moment basis what their cloud computing workloads will cost."
The release of uptimeCloud includes:
Real-time Cloud Cost Monitoring
- Immediately see how much cloud costs by application, line-of-business (LOB), user, location, account and instance in real-time
- View one or multiple cloud accounts (individually or aggregated) through a single dashboard
- Identify departmental or LOB cloud usage (for SLAs, Billing, etc).
Predict Cloud Costs and IncreaseCloud Savings
- Clear, automated "cost of cloud" estimates and cost saving recommendations that remove the risk of cloud deployments
- Trend and predict future cloud costs by hour, day, month, year or any custom time frame
Right-Size Cloud Capacity
- Quickly meet dynamic and changing needs to avoid cloud performance and capacity nightmares
- Track real-time and historical cloud capacity usage
- Highlight forgotten, zombie and under-utilized cloud resources
- Quickly identify overloaded and bogged down cloud instances.
uptimeCloud is the simple way to manage cost and capacity in the cloud. To learn more about uptimeCloud, or to sign up for the uptimeCloud beta, please visit: www.uptimecloud.com.
About uptime software
uptime software inc. is a privately held corporation founded in 2001 and headquartered in Toronto, Canada. With over 850 clients in 32 countries, uptime is a premier provider of systems management software for virtual server monitoring and physical server monitoring, capacity planning, and service and application monitoring.
To learn more about uptime software, please visit us online at http://www.uptimesoftware.com