SOURCE: InsideSales.com

InsideSales.com

November 19, 2013 07:57 ET

InsideSales.com Research Finds More Companies Are Responding to Leads but Not Fast Enough

More Than 3,400 Companies Were "Secret Shopped" With Leads Submitted on Their Websites; 60 Percent Responded to Web Leads, Compared With 27 Percent Last Year

SILICON SLOPES, UT--(Marketwired - Nov 19, 2013) - InsideSales.com, the global leader in cloud-based sales acceleration technologies and solutions, today announced the results of a research study on the lead response practices of companies who attend Dreamforce.

During the past two months, InsideSales.com reviewed 3,446 companies who attended Dreamforce in 2011 and 2012 as well as publicized sponsors of Dreamforce 2013.

The average first call response time of all companies that responded by phone was 40 hours and 56 minutes. Of the companies reviewed, 60 percent eventually responded to the leads submitted, compared with just 27 percent last year.

"While more companies did respond to the leads this year, 40 percent of the companies reviewed did not respond at all," InsideSales.com President and Founder Ken Krogue said. "Imagine what a CEO or CMO would think if they knew that their team was not contacting their leads. With better techniques and technologies, they could be speaking to 92 percent of leads. Plus, they aren't responding fast enough."

A sales rep is 100 times more likely to get a prospect on the phone if the initial call is made within five minutes from the time the prospect submitted the web form, versus 30 minutes later. The odds of the lead entering the sales process, or becoming qualified, are 21 times greater when contacted within the same time frame, according to the 2012 Lead Response Management study, an original research study InsideSales.com conducted in conjunction with MIT visiting fellow James Oldroyd.

The Lead Response Report also found that 65 percent of companies make their initial response through email. The remaining 35 percent use phone calls to respond -- 23 percent called and left a voicemail, and 12 percent called and did not leave a voicemail.

In summary, speed and persistence are paramount for lead conversion.

InsideSales.com research is available on the company's research page: http://www.insidesales.com/research_papers.php.

See how InsideSales.com accelerates sales through science in this video: http://youtu.be/ed4tz5NW0PI.

About InsideSales.com, Inc.
InsideSales.com cutting-edge technology accelerates sales through science. The global leader in cloud-based sales acceleration for sales professionals provides the industry's first comprehensive sales acceleration platform, which includes communications, gamification, predictive analytics and data visualization. The American Association of Inside Sales Professionals (AA-ISP) recognized InsideSales.com as the SaaS provider of the year for 2013. The company has been listed among the fastest growing companies by Inc. and Deloitte and as one of the top 100 private companies by AlwaysOn. Inc. magazine honored the company as the 5th fastest job creator in the U.S. software industry. InsideSales.com leading research has been published in the Harvard Business Review and Forbes. The company has been issued 5 U.S. patents and has 11 patents pending. InsideSales.com enterprise customers include ADP, Dell, Gannett Local, Inc., Sprint, Marketo, Re/Max Cornerstone, Microsoft, Groupon and more. To try the technology, visit InsideSales.com.

Contact Information