MANASSAS, VA--(Marketwired - Mar 11, 2014) - INSIGHT, Inc., top international provider of planning solutions that power supply chain design for the world's foremost companies, announces the Q2 release of Version 4.7 of SAILS and Insight Enterprise Optimizer (IEO), the industry reference standards for strategic supply chain design. The latest versions incorporate an exciting new feature, the INSIGHT SCOREKEEPER, the most powerful supply chain simulation model ever developed.
"For over 40 years we have offered the industry reference standard optimization-based strategic supply chain design tool. During that time we have been first in the industry with multi-commodity optimization, full supply chain design scope (including complex manufacturing modeling), vulnerability analysis options, sustainability options, the incorporation of marketing with all of operations under a profit maximization umbrella, and many others," said Jeff Karrenbauer, president of INSIGHT, Inc. "Contrary to competitive assertions, simulation has also been an integral part of our SAILS offering since 1980. However, SCOREKEEPER is a massive technical achievement, far beyond anything we or anyone else has ever offered."
SAILS SCOREKEEPER features include:
- Simulation of complete supply chain operations, including procurement, manufacturing, and finished goods distribution at a daily level of detail
- Complete, seamless integration into the SAILS system, including database, user interface and output reports and graphics
- Extremely high performance, even for very large supply chains
- Ability to simulate either current supply chain ("baseline") or the result of any SAILS optimization exercise with auto communication of either solution to the simulation
- Processing of individual customer orders at a ship-to customer and line-item level of detail
- Customer order prioritization options
- Extensive order processing options, including 12 policy choices for handling stock-outs
- Detailed inventory control policy options
- Extensive demand forecasting options, from naïve to sophisticated
- Automatic or user-controlled production planning and scheduling
- Elaborate transportation shipment planning and dispatching options, including
- Multiple dispatch triggers
- Extensive shipment consolidation options
- Optional ability to include customer, replenishment and transfer shipments in the same dispatch
- Detailed shipment rater capable of accepting any mix of mode types
- Optional replenishment and facility transfer shipment "filler" logic, which enables the user to assess the impacts on inventory and customer service when priority is given to full load shipments
- Daily invocation of the most powerful optimization-based shipment planning and dispatching algorithm ever developed, capable of discovering important opportunities for shipment consolidation
"This last feature is a stunning technical breakthrough," adds Jeff Karrenbauer. "For over 50 years experts have speculated about integrating optimization and simulation in the same tool; however, performance limitations rendered it impractical. It is one thing to do it once; it is a whole other matter to invoke an optimization module hundreds of times in the same run (daily dispatching). This capability opens up a whole new world of exciting 'what if?' transportation policy option testing that was previously unthinkable. That, in turn, translates into the potential for very significant savings."
About INSIGHT, Inc.
INSIGHT, Inc. provides optimization and simulation-based supply chain analytics and consulting services to meet today's dynamic business challenges. Founded by supply chain and operations research experts in 1978 to apply world-class technology with intelligence and rigor to decision making, INSIGHT solves the complex supply chain strategic, tactical, and financial planning management issues of the world's foremost companies, including many of the Fortune 100 firms, such as ExxonMobil, Nestle, and BASF. Our software and services help firms minimize costs, maximize profits, free up capital, streamline operations, and increase customer service levels. For more information, please visit us on the Web at http://www.insightoutsmart.com.