SZCZECIN, POLAND--(Marketwired - Oct 2, 2013) -
Core News Facts:
- InstaWeather, the weather app that lets you create weather reports by adding custom overlays to pictures, today announced several social media features and new skins to both InstaWeather and InstaWeather Pro.
- Available on both InstaWeather and InstaWeather Pro, the new social feature, InstaWeather Friends, allows you to easily share reports and track friends' current location and weather through Facebook tagging.
- You can let others know what the weather is like in your area, especially when you want a more authentic look at the weather beyond simple temperatures.
- The new social features also let you browse the world's weather through the lens of other InstaWeather users via their interactive map: http://instaweather.me/.
- Also announced today is InstaWeather Pro's new weatherman mode.
- Available on both Android and iOS platforms, this lets you add branding or custom logos to your InstaWeather image (e.g. TV station logos or hashtags) and it lets you change weather forecast data to your own station data.
- The new InstaWeather and InstaWeather Pro include additional, new features:
- Photo filters and more photo overlays including a weather battles overlay to determine who has the better weather between two users and an overlay using friends' pictures through Facebook
- Push weather alerts and even more accurate weather data
- Location check-ins
- A friends module letting you check your friends' weather, add your friends' profile picture to images and get direct access to your InstaWeather photo gallery
- With more than three million monthly active users, InstaWeather is the best way to share a real weather report -- take a picture and add an overlay including current temperature, weather conditions and detailed forecasts with air pressure, wind power and more.
- The new InstaWeather Pro is available today on iOS (optimized for iOS 7) and Android platforms. InstaWeather will be available on Friday.
- To download InstaWeather, visit: http://getinstaweather.com.
Mike Favetta, meteorologist, news12.com
"InstaWeather Pro is exactly what I'm looking for when wanting to drive viewers to my station's social media sites or tease them to tune in on TV. Posts are always more effective with photos and links. Since my posts are primarily weather related, InstaWeather Pro does exactly what I need it to do -- it gives a small bit of weather information to drive viewers to our News12 website or News 12 app to find the rest of my forecast. As a certified broadcast meteorologist, I take pride in preparing my own forecast each day. The weatherman mode allows me to enter my own forecast numbers, choose my own weather icons, and even overlay my station's logo right on the picture."
Tomek Sarnowski, founder, InstaWeather
"InstaWeather has more than 12 million downloads since launching last year, and we've seen InstaWeather pictures from all over the world. Weather is something that will always matter to everyone and we want to make weather reporting fun, entertaining and something that you look forward to checking each day."
About Byss Mobile:
Byss Mobile is an app developer responsible for the top-rated apps used around the world. With more than 33 million downloads to date, Byss has released a variety of apps ranging from entertainment to weather to personal expression. Popular Byss apps include InstaPlace, the app that lets you add art, text and location to customize pictures letting you create virtual postcards that capture the moment, and InstaWeather which lets you be a local weather reporter by adding detailed weather info to pictures taken around your community. Founded in 2009, Byss is based in Poland. For more information and to download Byss Mobile's apps, visit: http://byssmobile.com/.