TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - June 26, 2012) - The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario has introduced its 2012-2013 governing Council at its Annual General Meeting. Eight new members were either elected or re-elected to the Council.
"Today, the CA profession faces many interesting challenges and opportunities," said Robert Scullion, FCA, Chair of the Institute. "Our renewed Council brings together top Chartered Accountants with a wide range of backgrounds, experience and expertise. We believe this team is well placed to make the key decisions that will ensure our profession's continued success in both the short and long terms."
The Council boasts a cross-section of business and community leaders from many areas of practice, including public accounting, industry, the public sector and academe. They hail from communities across Ontario, including Aurora, Burlington, Oakville, Ottawa, Thunder Bay, Toronto and Waterloo.
Members elected to the Institute's Council for a two-year term commencing 2012-2013 are:
- Arnie Bose, CA, Vice-President, Finance, Romspen, Oakville
- Marrianne Bridge, FCA, Deputy Director, Compliance and Registrant Regulation, Ontario Securities Commission, Toronto
- Anita Ferrari, FCA, Regional Managing Partner - Central Canada, Grant Thornton LLP, Oakville
- Christie Henderson, CA, Managing Partner, Henderson Partners LLP, Oakville
- Delna Madon, CA, Senior Manager, National Accounting Standards, Grant Thornton LLP
- Alan Mak, Principal, Rosen & Associates Limited, Toronto
- Robert Scullion, FCA, Partner, Ernst & Young LLP, Toronto
- John Wright, CA, Director, Assurance and Business Advisory Services, McLarty and Co. Professional Corporation, Ottawa
The other eight elected members of Council, whose two-year terms continue until the end of the 2012-2013 year, are:
- Michael Banks, CA, Partner, BDO Canada LLP, Burlington
- Joel Cohen, CA, Partner, RSM Richter LLP, Toronto
- Georgina Daniels, CA, Manager of Finance, Thunder Bay District Health Unit
- Mary Lou Maher, FCA, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Administrative Officer, KPMG LLP, Toronto
- Isabel Meharry, FCA, Chief Financial Officer, Green Shield Canada, North York
- Catherine Russell, CA, Partner, PwC, Toronto
- Linda Thibeault, CA, Partner, Morley Sanderson Millard & Foster PC, Aurora
- Alan Webb, PhD, CA, Associate Professor, University of Waterloo
The Ontario government appoints four public representative positions to the Council. Currently, they are Robert Wong, Graham Parsons, Tim Kennish and Ginny Dybenko.
The 2012-2013 Elected Officers are:
- Chair - Robert Scullion, FCA
- Vice Chair - Linda Thibeault, CA
- Secretary - Michael Banks, CA
- Treasurer - Catherine Russell, CA
- Officer - Marrianne Bridge, FCA
- Officer - Tim Kennish
About the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario:
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario is the qualifying and regulatory body of Ontario's almost 36,000 Chartered Accountants and more than 5,000 CA students. Since 1879, the Institute has protected the public interest through the CA profession's internationally recognized standards of qualification and the enforcement of its rules of professional conduct. Chartered Accountants are the professionals Canada's business leaders trust to help make the financial, strategic and leadership decisions that matter. The Institute's website is: www.icao.on.ca and the student website is www.guidetorulingtheworld.ca.