WASHINGTON, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - March 19, 2013) - Jahia, provider of Java-based open source next generation CMS solutions, today announced that The Phoenix Companies, Inc. has purchased Jahia Extended Content Management (xCM) to create an advanced intranet portal for its independent advisors, agents, and brokers.
The Phoenix Companies wanted to:
- Manage the firm's multiple Web sites using a single solution and platform
- Integrate with a wide variety of best-of-breed applications used by most insurance companies
- Build its own applications and business solutions much faster than other options allow
- Establish a long-term foundation based on superior technology at an affordable price
Jahia xCM met Phoenix's criteria by offering the capability to:
- Create powerful Web applications with no need to code
- Manage and host multiple Web initiatives on the same platform
- Create and reuse content and develop apps quickly and easily
- Personalize the user experience, including for mobile devices
Phoenix selected Jahia xCM to replace its internally created website, allowing for increased capabilities and simplified maintenance.
Jahia xCM has been used by other insurers worldwide, including Ag2r Group, Aviva, AXA Group, La Capitale Financial Group, Macif, Motorists Insurance Group, and others for similar deployments.
Jahia will host, with 451 Research, a free webinar on business-oriented websites for insurance companies on March 20, at 11am EST. Registration : here
About The Phoenix Companies:
- Boutique life insurance and annuity company
- Headquartered in Hartford, Connecticut
- Founded in 1851
- Enterprise-grade content management on open source platform
- Affordable, scalable, fast-to-deploy platform for Web-based projects
- Serving customers in 20 countries
- Founded in 2002