VANCOUVER, BC--(Marketwired - August 10, 2016) - Integra Gold Corp. ("Integra" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE: ICG) (OTCQX: ICGQF) is pleased to announce it has presented over $260,000 to a number of local Val-d'Or and Abitibi-Témiscamingue based charitable and non-profit organizations.
"The town of Val-d'Or was built after the discovery of gold here in the early 20th century," comments Val-d'Or Mayor, Mr. Pierre Corbeil. "Most importantly, Integra understands that the heartbeat of a town is not provided by any metal, but rather by the people that call it home. This donation and the commitment it displays to the people of Val-d'Or is a significant step for Integra Gold. It is clear that Integra's community engagement has been a focus of the Company from the beginning, and we applaud them for taking their role as responsible corporate citizens seriously."
Integra raised funds through table sales and corporate sponsorships at its Gold Rush Challenge "Shark-Tank" style live finale event hosted in March 2016. The finale marked the culmination of Integra's $1 million crowd sourced competition, which saw experts from around the globe evaluate historic data to come up with high quality exploration targets using leading edge exploration-targeting technology. Several of the targets generated are scheduled to be drill tested this quarter. Of the funds raised at the live finale, A$100,000 was generously matched by the Macquarie Group Foundation.
First Annual Integra Gold Fête d'Été
On August 3, 2016 at the Cité de l'Or museum grounds, the historic site of Val-d'Or's Lamaque Mine, Integra Gold and its key contractors hosted a company expo and barbeque with over 500 members of the Val-d'Or community in attendance. Local partners and contractors, including Forage Orbit Garant, Atlas Copco, Fournier et Fils Inc., SGS Geostat, and Promec Mining joined Integra staff in a public exposition where members of the community were given the chance to review the Lamaque project's progress to date, enjoy a guided bus tour of the property, and discuss firsthand the Company's plans for the future and the positive impact they will have on the community with both management and the Board of Directors.
To view photos from the Integra Gold Fête d'Été, click the following link: http://www.integragold.com/i/pdf/Integra-Aug-10-2016.pdf
Donations Presented to Diverse Group of Local Charities
Identifying broad based areas for giving, Integra chose seven key charities to which it directed over $260,000 in charitable proceeds. These charities include:
- The Fondation du Centre Hospitalier de Val-d'Or -- Donation to support the Val d'Or Hospital's Nuclear Medicine specialist department, which serves a regional population of 150,000 throughout the community of the Abitibi-Témiscamingue. For more information, please visit their website at www.fondation-chvd.qc.ca/.
- Maison de la source Gabriel -- Donation will be used to improve facilities and fund their palliative care house in Val-d'Or. For more information please visit their website at www.maisonsourcegabriel.com.
- Fondation de l'UQAT -- Donation will support various scholarships for students and fund the purchase of new equipment to carry out academic research in the Abitibi-Témiscamingue and Nord-du-Québec. For more information please visit their website at http://www.uqat.ca/.
- Fondation du Cégep de l'Abitibi-Témiscamingue -- Donation will be added to the foundation's capitalisation fund from which scholarships will be distributed annually. For more information please visit their website at http://cegepat.qc.ca/Fondation/.
- Golden Valley School -- Donation will be used for important schoolyard improvements. For more information please visit their website at http://wqsb.qc.ca/goldenvalley/.
- Fondation Brousseau-Dargis -- Donation will help fund programs working with mental health in the community.
- Maison des Jeunes l'Energitek -- Donation will assist with a major expansion project within this community youth organization. For more information please visit their website at http://mdjenergiteck.com.
Project and Company Profile
Integra Gold is a junior gold exploration company exploring advanced stage projects in Val-d'Or, Québec, one of the top mining jurisdictions in the world. The Company's primary focus is its high-grade Lamaque South project. In 2014, Integra completed the accretive acquisition of the Sigma Mill and Mine Complex, a fully permitted 2,200-2,400 ton per day mill and tailings facility. With major federal and provincial permits in place, existing infrastructure and significant exploration potential, this acquisition removed major costs and shortened timelines typically associated with developing mine projects. With a current market capitalization of approximately $400 million, Integra has raised over $100 million since 2013, at successively higher share prices. Integra was recently named to the TSX Venture top 50 performers in 2015 and the OTCQX Best 50 award for 2015.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS,
Stephen de Jong
CEO & President
Follow Integra Gold On:
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.