May 19, 2010 12:25 ET
Intermedia Launches Hosted SharePoint 2010 to Customers and Partners
NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - May 19, 2010) - Intermedia, the world's largest Microsoft Exchange hosting provider, today launched hosted SharePoint 2010 -- Microsoft's newest SharePoint platform. Hosted SharePoint 2010 is available from Intermedia as a standalone product or as part of Intermedia's ecosystem of business communication offerings, including hosted Exchange 2010, mobility, secure instant messaging and more.
Customers manage hosted SharePoint and their other Intermedia hosted solutions through Intermedia's proprietary HostPilot® Control Panel. Intermedia enables these organizations to move to the cloud at their own pace with a proprietary tool to synchronize user passwords across hosted applications and those that remain on-premise.
Intermedia has also made hosted SharePoint 2010 available for resale by partners. SharePoint 2010 is a business collaboration platform popularly used for company and team-wide document management. Some of the new features SharePoint 2010 has over SharePoint 2007 include:
- Customizable Templates: Users can now upload and use custom or third-party templates.
- Expanded Browser Support: SharePoint 2010 sites can be accessed in Internet Explorer versions 7 and 8, Firefox and Safari.
- Improved Search: Optimized search capabilities with more relevant results providing users with a more interactive search experience.
- Visio Services: View and share Visio diagrams directly in SharePoint 2010.
- Improved User Interface: SharePoint now includes the Microsoft "Ribbon" interface and integration with Microsoft Office.
To learn how you can get hosted SharePoint 2010, contact Intermedia at 1-800-379-7729.
Intermedia is the premier provider of communications services, including hosted Microsoft Exchange and hosted Unison, to small- and mid-sized businesses. For an affordable monthly fee, customers get business email, VOIP telephone service, smartphones, instant messaging, fax and other communications delivered as a service with 24x7 support. Intermedia also empowers thousands of smaller VARs and MSPs -- as well as select Fortune 500 companies -- to sell communications services under their own brand. Founded in 1995, Intermedia was the first company to offer cloud-based business-class email and now has nearly 250,000 premium hosted Exchange mailboxes under management -- more than any other provider. For more information, visit www.intermedia.net.